Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I think I saw my next 911 today

Those wheels are nice - what are they?

lofi said:
Those wheels are nice - what are they?

20" Sport Techno

Hmm have to say I don't really like that...
Not sure Guards Red works with the 991 lights and the Sport Techno wheels seem a bit half-hearted.

Do like the ducktail though!

That car was for sale at some random car trader a little while ago at 67k, seems it got traded to Porsche Tonbridge.

I met the new owner of this car at Tonbridge this morning and had a good chat. He'd brought it in for its MOT.

He's a convert from BMW and his name is Les.

I've told him all about 911uk so he may be amongst our ranks very soon. He's also local so may join the Kent breakfast posse.

So, questions are;

Do you still see yourself in one in two years time?
How much change back your way after the swap?

:thumb:

This car is up for sale again at OPC Tonbridge.

It's a sign of what's happened in the 911 market over the last 3 years that although it's now nearly 3 years older and has done 32,642 miles it's still up for £63,845 - only £6,150 less.

So much for me hoping it would be c£45k by now. :sad: :sad: :sad:

T8 said:

It's a sign of what's happened in the 911 market over the last 3 years that although it's now nearly 3 years older and has done 32,642 miles it's still up for £63,845 - only £6,150 less.

What was the mileage on the car back in 2015?

One of the early posts says it had done 17k miles

T8, im not getting it with the 991? Id get it with a 991 turbo or GTS, but not with a Carrera. :dont know:
Your current turbo is stunning, in absence of ever finding a speed yellow 997 turbo or GTS, im drawn more and more to guards, it looks so good on a 997.

I can totally see the appeal of the Carrera with the turbo'd engines. Simple remap and slight tweak and there getting close to 500bhp which is more than enough for a road car. They still sound good and have all the plus' of a 911.

A nicely drivers focused specced car would be a brilliant road car IMO.

I like this one. Needs a few tiny little tweeks but otherwise very nice.

spongebob squarepants said:
T8, im not getting it with the 991? Id get it with a 991 turbo or GTS, but not with a Carrera. :dont know:
Your current turbo is stunning, in absence of ever finding a speed yellow 997 turbo or GTS, im drawn more and more to guards, it looks so good on a 997.

Thanks, 'Red' will be a hard act to follow.

The current 'cost to change' means we'll be together for a while yet.

I put 6k miles a year on my 911s and after 3.5 years am conscious of the mileage now starting to show. I know I'd miss the shove that the extra 74 horses give but would soon get used to it.

I'm actually waiting for a C4S but the C2S featured in this thread would tempt me at the right price. I fell for the 991 when I first saw one - unbelievably 6 years ago - and really thought I'd have one by now. The 991 Turbo is far too much for my needs and the GTS will never come down to what I'd be prepared to spend on one.

T8 said:
spongebob squarepants said:

Thanks, 'Red' will be a hard act to follow.

The current 'cost to change' means we'll be together for a while yet.

I put 6k miles a year on my 911s and after 3.5 years am conscious of the mileage now starting to show. I know I'd miss the shove that the extra 74 horses give but would soon get used to it.

I'm actually waiting for a C4S but the C2S featured in this thread would tempt me at the right price. I fell for the 991 when I first saw one - unbelievably 6 years ago - and really thought I'd have one by now. The 991 Turbo is far too much for my needs and the GTS will never come down to what I'd be prepared to spend on one.

True id be proper tempted by a 991 4S, but there too close to GTS money :dont know: I saw my first 991 GTS at Stuttgart, was blown away, such a nice looking car, with an amazing interior. One day....

T8 said:

I was at Porsche Tonbridge on the 28th July and saw this car. It looked stunning and also have my eyes set on a similar car in the future now.

The ducktail and guards red made it look very special.

T8, on a positive note, if it had depreciated to £45k, your car may have also depreciated. Porsche residuals are still very strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back