Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dash rattle

rob_p

Evening all
I have a kind of "fuzzle" noise which kicks in around 4,000 revs and I think may be coming from the dash. I have tried a few obvious things but no success.
I am starting to wonder if it could be the central air vent.
Is this is a known issue does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.
Rob

I had this - was the front right speaker grill on the dash for me!! Was a very simple fix!! 997's have lots of rattles and buzz noises - half the fun is chasing them down :)

Richtw said:
I had this - was the front right speaker grill on the dash for me!! Was a very simple fix!! 997's have lots of rattles and buzz noises - half the fun is chasing them down :)

Thanks. Do you mean where the tweeter sits?
What was the fix?

And they move around the car when your sat in either seat. I had a buzzy noise which I thought was the left tweeter from the drivers seat, but from the passenger seat showed it to be the two blanking buttons in the interior light cluster where the homelink button would go.

rob_p said:
Richtw said:

Thanks. Do you mean where the tweeter sits?
What was the fix?

Yes! The tweeter grill on the dash can be quite loose! If you give it a tap with your finger you may find it a bit rattly! I just poked a smidge of felt tape under one edge! Silenced!! :)

Good luck

Rob, areas to try in my experience are , if a tip the silver top bit if the springs shot rattles. the centre air vent as you said , door panels loose broken clips, cup holder,worth checking those areas out

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back