Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Introducing my new 924

thesmithsUK

1984, manual, N/A, black/black, 121k miles, well-known to the 924 Owners Forum, original service book, CoA, receipts back to 1988, Sports Seats, reconditioned gearbox, suspension refresh, etc.

Drove it back from Dorset to West Cornwall and it didn't miss a beat. Handles very nicely thanks to the even weight distribution. Popped the (huge) sunroof, cranked up the De La Soul cassette and headed west!

K0eWkbh.jpg

Sk9e3T0.jpg

Looks like a great car. I am in the Porsche 924 club too so have been reading the thread. I have a 924t, 924s, 924 GT rep and a parts car 924 NA (Which is too nice to use for parts but has an electrical issue so way outside of my level to rep[air!) so I have the 924 bug (Also have a 944 t and a 996tt). You will really enjoy the 924, they drive great and are getting to classic status so you don't see many on the road these days, so a wise investment imho.

The sports seat look great, and to be honest cost a fortune so really unusual to see them in a 924 now a days. Hope you enjoy the car, just need the weather to improve now so you can take it for a blast on the West Cornwall roads (Beats the M25!)

Reagrds

GP

Thanks GP. Wow - you've really got the bug!

And it was only £81 fully comprehensive!

That is the best part about ownership of them. My turbo is around £115 a year in London, servicing is cheap and good supply of parts on ebay; its living the dream! Although my wife is at her wits end with the number of cars on the drive!!!

A well known car.These things are still ridiculously undervalued.
I want another! :roll:

Congrats on that great looking car. Enjoy.

Great cars, that looks a god one too!

I miss my 924

Very nice car 👍🏻👍🏻

I do Like the 924. My mom had two of them. I did loads of work on them over the years. I seem to remember there wasn't any kind of timing marks, which was quite vexing :?: Enjoy :thumb:

My 944 Turbo S back from the paint shop this week, making her even prettier, new cross drilled disks, refurb calipers, pads sensors etc waiting to go on, I can see a couple of days this bank holiday sticking it back together the enjoy.
I have had a 944 of some description for the last 20 years, you could say I like them, and my 1988 M758 car in black running 300 bhp is about as good as it gets.
The engineering in this thing from the factory is amazing, coil over suspension, led with oil cooler, forged rods, weight in the M758 cars was removed from the top of the car with non sunroof, no heavy roller luggage blind, lightweight single ply windscreen and other various bits and bobs.
All this in a car from 1988, poor man's Porsche they said, 44k please sir.
Performance tamed so as not to steal the mantle from the 911, fact !
:thumb:

I think that people forget that when the 944 turbo s hit the streets back in the late 80s, it was the fastest 4 cylinder car in the world at the time. I have a 944t 250bhp which is a real hoot of a car and I think looks great too!

Again, like the 924 they are a great affordable car to own and drive.

Regards

Glenn

That looks really nice, you must be very pleased with it.

The 924/944 seem to be under appreciated and make a good buy (for someone full of 80's nostalgia anyway)!

Tel Boy, forget nostalgia a sorted transaxle car is a blast and a serious drivers car, my 944 Turbo is as quick as my 997 easily and handles superbly.

I'm enjoying some tinkering with the 924: new rear hatch pins and gas struts, oil, filters and plugs change, replacement fuel pipe, new fuel pump relay, repair to leather gear knob gaiter, new OPC plates and 'Porsche Classic' surrounds...

I'm getting the front valance (removed last night for powder coat priming) and sills repainted of the next couple of weeks. Then machine polished / detailed.

Will post up some pictures once that's done.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back