Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo for sale at OPC Bolton

Each to their own.

I'm aware there has been discussion on over revs for years. My experience involves scanning actual cars and seeing range 1 and range 2 on a PDK car.

Look at the revs for these. 7300-7500 for range 1. Just above 7500-7700 for range 2. The cars don't rev limit a Carrera MA1 lump to prevent those range 1/2. In sport modes with the hard limiter and late PDK shifts mean you are more likely to ping off them.

I'd suggest I've done some research.

Got the car last week. Looks and drives amazing. Don't think I will be able to go back to a Carrera, once I get used to this. The sound is disappointing but thats being sorted soon.

The sports steering wheel is also much better. The paintwork is immaculate, very well maintained. I will get a ppf .

One issue though I have noticed is with the exhaust tips.

I initially thought these were just dirty but in reality the chrome has come off.

Is this something I should have discussed with the OPC. Some photos attached.

Attachments

• img_3127_171.jpg
    img_3127_171.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,404
  • img_5763_2_194.jpg
    img_5763_2_194.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,404
  • img_3640_130.jpg
    img_3640_130.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 2,404
I can vaguely recall others with this issue and going back to opc to have them replaced. What I can't recall is whether they were successful or not

I got mine re-chromed for little money, it is a GEN 1.

What are you planning for the noise?

If it is just a question of getting them re-chromed; will get it done. Any suggestions where?

Sharkwerks for the exhaust. The sound is so disappointing on an otherwise magnificent car.

I am used to the R8 V8 sound. My son who is 9 does not let me play music when he is with me in the car, he says the engine sounds far better.

However comparatively, V8 is slower than the turbo but faster than the 4S.

Unfortunately the one disappointment with a Turbo is the lack of a good exhaust note, obviously the 'cats' and the turbo's themselves cut the exhaust note down considerably. The Sharkwerks pipe is a quick easy fix but you will still use the standard tips, mine are exactly the same as yours. I tried cleaning them but as you say it's the chrome that's been worn away, a quick search on the net should find someone local who can spruce them up for you.
You'll love the pipe when you get it and another good upgrade is the DSC module, those two things are about the simplest two upgrades that make the most difference, especially the module.

Thanks. Have looked at the DSC module. Had not heard about it. Not sure if it is more for track use? Don't know anyone who has this.

Got the PPF at Paintshields today. Excellent service overall. P
Called OPC for new tips around £800. My feeling is they will go the same way pretty quickly.

Fabspeed one seems to have a good review but then again the warranty issue They do look ok.

Spoke to a ceramic pain company called CTC. They can do a black ceramic coatit but it seems a long process and can't use them for 5 days afterwards.

Getting your tips re chromed should be fairly straight forward and I'd be surprised if it was over a £100.

As for the DSC module, next time your out put your car into 'sport' mode and drive around your local town with it on, it won't be comfortable. When you fit a DSC module you will be able to drive round with it on all the time and you'll barley notice the difference. It obviously does help on a track but the biggest difference is in normal day to day driving, think of it as an upgrade from a 'Sinclair ZX' computer up to a 'pentium' processor!
It's a very simple swap over, 5 mins max and the same to reverse it ask anyone on here and they'll tell you it's the best money you could spend on an upgrade.
Check out www.dscsport.com or call 9E who are agents in U.K.

Thanks. Convinced, will order it. Just needed a recommendation.

easternjets said:
Getting your tips re chromed should be fairly straight forward and I'd be surprised if it was over a £100.

As for the DSC module, next time your out put your car into 'sport' mode and drive around your local town with it on, it won't be comfortable. When you fit a DSC module you will be able to drive round with it on all the time and you'll barley notice the difference. It obviously does help on a track but the biggest difference is in normal day to day driving, think of it as an upgrade from a 'Sinclair ZX' computer up to a 'pentium' processor!
It's a very simple swap over, 5 mins max and the same to reverse it ask anyone on here and they'll tell you it's the best money you could spend on an upgrade.

Also I rarely have the car in the normal mode. It is always in the sport mode and what I tended to do is to switch the PASM off for comfort.

easternjets said:

When you get the module there is change in the Sport mode. You can have the DSC on in Sport setting or normal and it will stay in that setting all the time, even when you switch off and back on again.
Seriously the best upgrade for the money, you'll not be disappointed. As you've got a Turbo it's a straight fit, non Turbo's need a G Axis box fitted as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back