Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nick's C2S Modding Thread

nickjonesn4 said:
Chris W said:
I thought I knew the car but living in Scotland didn't think it was yours! I did say hello but didn't want to intrude whilst Craig was handing over. Lovely car.

Ha yep. I'm still mulling over your offer :grin:

Did you notice I went with your recommendation on the colour of the barrels?

Haha yes I've been looking at them for months thinking how funny it's just what I suggested for that guy up in Scotland...doh

Did sound and look nice. My offer was based on reversing what I did selling mine 8 years ago!

Exhaust is sounding great and the paintwork looks bloody marvellous under the showroom lighting. :bandit:

Some colour coded centre caps with colour crests would finish the rims off nicely.

Enjoy Silverstone in the sunshine.

C.

cableguy said:
Exhaust is sounding great and the paintwork looks bloody marvellous under the showroom lighting. :bandit:

Some colour coded centre caps with colour crests would finish the rims off nicely.

Enjoy Silverstone in the sunshine.

C.

Thanks Carl, appreciate yoyr input on this project and the steering wheel.of course!

I've tried a few different centre caps and in the end the original Work ones look best

My brother took some professional shots of the car today whixh I will post later. In the meantime one more from Silverstone today just before the heavens opened...

Might be biased but those rims are bloody gorgeous! :thumb:

nickjonesn4 said:
20180719_152405.jpg

...the paint looks stunning here 8) - the ambers really pop & compliment the overall look! Your car looks great :thumb:

ch3tman said:
nickjonesn4 said:

...the paint looks stunning here 8) - the ambers really pop & compliment the overall look! Your car looks great :thumb:

Cheers!

The car is driving even better than it looks. By a lucky coincidence I got stuck behind an old Rover on the parade lap for the Retro run and he eventually waved me through which meant I had the main straight to myself to catch up with the safety car. Full beans in 2,3 and 4th which was fun :grin:

tyinsky said:
What's your verdict on the golden rod after a few thousand miles Nick?

Difficult to pin down its exact effect as so much other work done on the gearbox at the same time. Overall the combined effect of short shift kit, golden rod and gearbox rebuild is - shorter throw giving much quicker changes up and down the box, more mechanical/direct feel but not at the cost of ease of operation. No longer difficult to get into 1st/2nd when cold.

My brother drove the car the other day for the first time in a few months and commented that the gear change felt lighter to when it was first done and the clutch felt much easier as a result. Maybe its taken a few thousand miles for everything to bed in. Even the very cold weather recently hasn't affected it at start up.

I'm very happy overall, the gearchange is much more in line with the rest of the car and its not lost any drive-ability even in heavy traffic. The lever is also a little higher which I find a big plus.

Hope that helps.

Hi, who carried out the trimming work for you ?
Car looks fantastic.

Regards
Jack D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back