Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk at Donington = Pics start on page 12.

Great pics and vids.

That stone will have come off the red civic. He had a bit of a moment and an off at the chicane on the first time round. 1:40 ish

Only managed 1 shot of anyone else as I chose the wrong start slot sorry. It does look great though...13:35 ish.

https://youtu.be/92K9iiGmQ6Y

Infrasilver one more lap and it would have worked. You come into shot just after the flag. I'll clean up the warm down lap shots and send you the video.

Anyone else notice the car in gravel at Macleans? Autopaps panda or the VX?

911UK said:
Interesting Sun 7 Oct @ Silverstone

It's a cheap car day and track day, anyone fancy it ?

Entry is £35 and each 20 mins is £35 :?:

Sun might even shine, or not!

Yep, I`d be up for it Sundeep :thumbs:

infrasilver said:
G2 said:
Infrasilver one more lap and it would have worked. You come into shot just after the flag. I'll clean up the warm down lap shots and send you the video

I remember now, I spun on purpose to let you catch up.

Thanks :thumb: that was quick thinking, but Terry slowed me down a bit by tutting when I got the lines wrong :frustrated: :floor:

kurlykris said:
911UK said:

Definitely keen :)

AndyS said:
easternjets said:
I was using the first lap as a 'which way do I go from here' lap so was taking it easy. After waiting behind that gaggle I got fed up and floored it, that Renault Clio Cup (white) was pretty nippy, even on the straights he wasn't far behind me, I did let him past as the yellows were out due to the Fiesta going off and ruining our day! (honestly they were out!)

Looked like you got clouted by a stone on the screen at 5:20 - no damage?
I wish I'd booked track time too now - definitely next year :thumb:

Wondered if anyone would notice, it came off Infrasilvers car and it did leave a mark, think he picked up what the plonker in the civic had collected and then dropped when he went off at the chicane!

911UK said:
Hong Kong fuey said:
We had a great day in the sunshine! Nice to meet a few of you, will be along again as long as you don't mind the boxster showing up 😁, I wish I had bought some track time now, so I'd be up for booking a club session too, I see they are going to Silverstone in October! Could we get enough together for that?

Sounds like fun.

apollokre1d said:
kurlykris said:
911UK said:

My logic being a weekend Track Day in Sep / Oct is £499 upwards if you could get a date and you can't on a weekend.

Even if we did 3 x 20 mins thats only £105

Arrive before 830, leave by early afternoon.

Of course the driving standards issue still exists but with the width and faster speed nature of silverstone it should enable passing to occur but an enjoyable day.

At this point a lot of the morning novice slots are booked so worth booking whats left but that we all book slots in the same group. Based on the intermediate group driving at Donnington, I couldnt see much difference in most of the groups and if we go out as one then at least for a short while we'll be in a Porsche group.

Being Silverstone it might attract more Porsche 911uk drivers and a hotel / dinner the night before will also be planned.

Slots available at this time.
- 0900: Intermediate
- 0920: Novice
- 0940: Novice
- 1000: Intermediate
- 1140: Intermediate
- 1220: Advanced
- 1340: Intermediate
- 1520: Intermediate

Assuming we all aim for the 5 slots between 0940 through to 1340

Same again, a club stand then rolling on and off the track

if that sounds like a plan, then I'll start a new thread
:thumb:

911UK said:
apollokre1d said:
kurlykris said:
911UK said:

My logic being a weekend Track Day in Sep / Oct is £499 upwards if you could get a date and you can't on a weekend.

Even if we did 3 x 20 mins thats only £105

Arrive before 830, leave by early afternoon.

Of course the driving standards issue still exists but with the width and faster speed nature of silverstone it should enable passing to occur but an enjoyable day.

At this point a lot of the morning novice slots are booked so worth booking whats left but that we all book slots in the same group. Based on the intermediate group driving at Donnington, I couldnt see much difference in most of the groups and if we go out as one then at least for a short while we'll be in a Porsche group.

Being Silverstone it might attract more Porsche 911uk drivers and a hotel / dinner the night before will also be planned.

Slots available at this time.
- 0900: Intermediate
- 0920: Novice
- 0940: Novice
- 1000: Intermediate
- 1140: Intermediate
- 1220: Advanced
- 1340: Intermediate
- 1520: Intermediate

Assuming we all aim for the 5 slots between 0940 through to 1340

Same again, a club stand then rolling on and off the track

if that sounds like a plan, then I'll start a new thread
:thumb:

Did anything happen with Silverstone?

Hong Kong fuey said:
Did anything happen with Silverstone?

Not sure :?: I am really keen for this so I hope it is possible.

just finalising my availability

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back