Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlights

Zorro

Montreal
I was out in the car the other evening and was thinking that I would really like a bit of an upgrade to the lights. Can anyone offer suggestions please for perhaps some decent and legal LED system. Ideally for both main and dipped. I shall not be the one fitting it by the way.

Many people will recommend Berville FX's kit. I have one on the shelf not yet installed.

Reason for this is that I replaced the yellowed headlight lenses with new ones. Night and day improvement :grin:

Zorro said:
I was out in the car the other evening and was thinking that I would really like a bit of an upgrade to the lights. Can anyone offer suggestions please for perhaps some decent and legal LED system. Ideally for both main and dipped. I shall not be the one fitting it by the way.

The Bergville FX kit is very good.

I've never seen a 993 driven in the dark or has the bulb gone in the garage :dont know:

Changing to an HID setup is almost one of the unwritten rules of initial mods to undertake. The standard candles in the headlamps are dangerous.

ToreB's T-Light kit (bergvillefx.com) is superb and fits inside the headlight. Plus he's a site sponsor and all round good guy!

I've had a separate reply from ToreB regarding HID lights following my enquiry via his website. Has anyone encountered any issues regarding variation to the beam pattern or problems at MOT time.

Zorro said:
I've had a separate reply from ToreB regarding HID lights following my enquiry via his website. Has anyone encountered any issues regarding variation to the beam pattern or problems at MOT time.

No problem at all. I've done two 993's over the last 6 years and both are still working fine and the MOT's never been an issue. :thumb:

I've had the HIDs in my dip beam for years, but the main beam was always so rubbish that I never bothered to put it on even at the dead of night.

My highly respected Indy (you all know who he is) put in the H1 LED kit and it is simply bloody BRILLIANT.

Bright white light extending into the boondocks is fantastic, takes minutes off my usual night time runs!

:thumb:

This is all very appealing, but I'm being told that it's a no, no with the new MOT regulations.

My old man's an MOT tester, and the only real concern is that they are adjusted correctly. It's highly unlikely they'll investigate the headlight to see what's inside.

Mine has a HID upgrade, gone through multiple MOT's fine.

HPNer said:
I've had the HIDs in my dip beam for years, but the main beam was always so rubbish that I never bothered to put it on even at the dead of night.

My highly respected Indy (you all know who he is) put in the H1 LED kit and it is simply bloody BRILLIANT.

Bright white light extending into the boondocks is fantastic, takes minutes off my usual night time runs!

:thumb:

Which H1 LED kit is this please.

Absolutely no idea! I'll ask when I next see him, but they are fantastic. Make the HIDs seem wimpy by comparison.

Zorro said:

I have the Tore B kit but I also installed the Morimoto projectors. Setup is now excellent and there is no light scattering at all

Also just had the car sail through it's MOT this morning

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back