Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo for sale at OPC Bolton

arifg said:
Ishay said:
[advice]buy one![\advice]

Seriously though I can't help much with Cab specs, other than maybe don't. But that's just me being awkward and biased :floor:

Completely get that.
However I have a R8 coupe so its ok.
Have not had the roof up for a single day on the 4s cab in the last 2 months and its been wonderful. My first sports car was a 987 boxster and that got me addicted to cabs. Its an unmatched experience and makes up for the deficiencies of the cab.

Which brings me to the exhaust note. Got a PSE on the 4s and it was enough without the need for a bypass pipe.
However I guess will need something for the turbo.

Look at Kline-innovation.com for exhaust. I have this on my turbo, it's pretty awesome!

There should be no over revs on a PDK or a Tip and if it's warranted it should be part of the Porsche check.

As for exhaust, if it's a Gen 2 turbo I'd look at the Sharkwerks pipe. It's considerably cheaper than a kline and that's because it has no silencer box! They're pretty straight forward to fit, the only caveat to this is it depends on the condition of your clamps and exhaust nuts, mine were not corroded so came off relatively easily apart from the rear silencer box clamp which was rotten so bought new ones. They sound great with a real growl off them and no noise intrusion, cost about £1500 which sounds a lot for 2 pieces of bent pipe but then a Kline is about £4000 from what I remember.

The autos still have overrevs. More common on PDK than Tip.

Over revs on either of these boxes can occur but it is very very rare and normally only in RR1 or RR2. They happen when a car is being driven down a slope and the gravity pulls the car over the max rev limit, which would otherwise be governed by the ignition cut out.
As I mentioned have it checked but it's highly unlikely to have any over revs.

I think use of Sport modes and launch control are more likely than the driving down a hill theory.

Magic919 said:
I think use of Sport modes and launch control are more likely than the driving down a hill theory.

Look it up for yourself and you'll see that you don't over rev a car in normal driving regardless of the 'mode' it's in, a mode such as launch control is not going to allow an engine to be over revved in any situation and especially launch control as it is fully automated.
There is a rev limiter which prevents over revs in these cases. So it's not a theory, it's a fact.

I don't need to look anything up. I have a Durametric and PDK cars.

easternjets said:
There should be no over revs on a PDK or a Tip and if it's warranted it should be part of the Porsche check.

As for exhaust, if it's a Gen 2 turbo I'd look at the Sharkwerks pipe. It's considerably cheaper than a kline and that's because it has no silencer box! They're pretty straight forward to fit, the only caveat to this is it depends on the condition of your clamps and exhaust nuts, mine were not corroded so came off relatively easily apart from the rear silencer box clamp which was rotten so bought new ones. They sound great with a real growl off them and no noise intrusion, cost about £1500 which sounds a lot for 2 pieces of bent pipe but then a Kline is about £4000 from what I remember.

Thanks. The over rev report looks ok to me. Range 1 - 115 ignitions, 0 in other ranges.
I also came to the conclusion to have a Sharkwerks pipe. The age old warranty conundrum will be there. Have been in touch with DW performance to get this sorted.

Centre silencer delete (sharkwerks/milltek/haywood&scott) is more like £500 + fitting, not £1500. Unless there's a special Turbo tax!

Kev at DW will sort you out.

James M-S said:
Centre silencer delete (sharkwerks/milltek/haywood&scott) is more like £500 + fitting, not £1500. Unless there's a special Turbo tax!

Actually DW quoted £1550; there is a Turbo tax!

The Sharkwerks Carrera pipe retails at $895; turbo at $1595

arifg said:
James M-S said:

Actually DW quoted £1550; there is a Turbo tax!

The Sharkwerks Carrera pipe retails at $895; turbo at $1595

Yes a simple look at Sharkwerks site will show you the price in U.S. Dollars, then there is import duty and shipping. Unlike some on here I have one so know what the price is and also how it fits and sounds, always helps to have the right info to hand before putting your foot in it! Same as the over rev argument!
The Sharkwerks can be fitted in about 1 -2 hours depending on how corroded the nuts are, it really is a straight forward install and easily removed if you sell it or need to take it in for warranty work.

Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated.

The ease of removal of the Sharkwerks is a major factor with the warranty- which I most certainly will extend.

The sound is pretty good too (on you tube) and feedback from others.

Magic919 said:
I don't need to look anything up. I have a Durametric and PDK cars.

Strange way to reply. To someone who has given fair toned advice on here ....
Do some more research as Eastern suggested , you might find you have a bit to learn yet ....there has been lots of discussion on this previously ......

:hand:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnducharme
Back