Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sunroof bounce back..

NickHappy

Montreal
I've had my turbo a few weeks now and it has this problem when trying to close the sunroof. If you press the close button once it should close automatically but seems to get halfway there and then bounce back again. Keeping your finger on close button makes it close.

Not a big deal by any means but annoying- any ideas? easy fix or not?

Cheers

NH

I have not had this on my 911 but have had it with one of my BMWs before.

it is hitting some resistance and triggering an anti trap safety mechanism so it stops and reopens, you are over riding it when you hold the close button.

I would check the sunroof mechanism is clear and that there is nothing obviously wrong. If it all looks good, clean it well (you can use cotton buds) and then use a lubricant. For the lubricant I used a specific BMW one so it would be worth checking with Porsche if they can sell you some. It is basically a silicon based lubricant but if Porsche do sell it I would use that.

Hope that helps and best of luck with it :thumb:

maph said:
I have not had this on my 911 but have had it with one of my BMWs before.

it is hitting some resistance and triggering an anti trap safety mechanism so it stops and reopens, you are over riding it when you hold the close button.

I would check the sunroof mechanism is clear and that there is nothing obviously wrong. If it all looks good, clean it well (you can use cotton buds) and then use a lubricant. For the lubricant I used a specific BMW one so it would be worth checking with Porsche if they can sell you some. It is basically a silicon based lubricant but if Porsche do sell it I would use that.

Hope that helps and best of luck with it :thumb:

Many thanks for that - cotton buds are a good shout. I'll report back.

:thumb:

deMort said:
Do me a favour .. follow the below instructions then see if the one touch function works :)

Sweet - cheers Iain. I'll pop out shortly and give that a go - makes sense as it always seems to bounce back at the Same point. Fingers crossed it sorts it.

It's getting on my bloody T1t5 now.

It's not clogged anywhere neither does the reset close/open position do anything.

:dont know:

996 and the motors can get a bit " stuck " .. its a bit of a pain to teach them and the slightest resistance and they roll back ..

As far as im concerned if someone is stupid enough to put their hand in there and close it then they get everything they deserve !!

Sod the roll back is what i say !"

Sorry .. not politically correct these days .. one must think of the children .

Ok so 2 things .. either the motor needs changeing or its encountering a resistance and roling back .. my money is on a motor as to be honest theres not much actually in the sunroof .

Try the setting a couple of times .. ive done that on a 996 but if not .. press and hold to close i think .. not worth the money to fix .

deMort said:
996 and the motors can get a bit " stuck " .. its a bit of a pain to teach them and the slightest resistance and they roll back ..

As far as im concerned if someone is stupid enough to put their hand in there and close it then they get everything they deserve !!

Sod the roll back is what i say !"

Sorry .. not politically correct these days .. one must think of the children .

Ok so 2 things .. either the motor needs changeing or its encountering a resistance and roling back .. my money is on a motor as to be honest theres not much actually in the sunroof .

Try the setting a couple of times .. ive done that on a 996 but if not .. press and hold to close i think .. not worth the money to fix .

Cheers Iain, thats good of you. I'll keep fiddling with it but it could be the motor?? I've put a little vid below. Not the end of the world but a bit annoying..

Cheers

NH

I can see how that can be irritating...I hope it is not too expensive to fix.

Now thats wierd .. the instructions i posted are for a 997 .. what you found are for a 996 .. hell if its fixed then thats all that matters but ill be making a mental note now for when ever i get this fault :D

deMort said:
Now thats wierd .. the instructions i posted are for a 997 .. what you found are for a 996 .. hell if its fixed then thats all that matters but ill be making a mental note now for when ever i get this fault :D

Thanks again DeMort - certainly pointed me in the right direction rather than start to dismantle the headlining :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back