Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen2 steering wheel installation horn fix!

Yes exactly that.

Black 1 cut and tapped into the steering wheel
Black 2 extended and spade connexctor added and connected to back of the airbag.

Assuming the original spade connector that was originally attached to back of airbag is no longer requires with this.

Will add a picture when I've managed to upload.

9tUVoMR.jpg

Kam, this bit of rewiring you have done is this to overcome the need for the newer steering control module. although most not all gen1/2 wheel swaps with manuals dont seem to need the new steering control module. :thumb:
Nice wheel I did the same alcantata sports wheel also did the lower dash and the armrest ,gearknob and gator :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2229_204.jpg
    img_2229_204.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 3,320
  • img_2059_181.jpg
    img_2059_181.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3,320
elliot_holder said:

Looks as I have done, not sure why it's not working for you. Original wire to horn not used. Had another forum user follow my instructions and it worked for him.

Thought I wake this thread up, has been of help to a few.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back