Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen washer weak

porkchops

Monza
So seems that murphy's law has decided to come around the house. After the broken air cond pump, the smashed coil pack, now I have weak windscreen washers...basically when I pull it, liquid weakly sprinkles 10cm away from the nozzles and that is it...tank is full obv. any idea what I should check?

...lift the black plastic cover to the right of the battery and you will see the small black plastic connection for the washer ...it is a push fit and not very substantial so its possible that the little tab has broken allowing the connection to partly detach when the washers are engaged...leading to a feeble squirt and a leak...worth a look...

...lift the black plastic cover to the right of the battery and you will see the small black plastic connection for the washer ...it is a push fit and not very substantial so its possible that the little tab has broken allowing the connection to partly detach when the washers are engaged...leading to a feeble squirt and a leak...worth a look...

Does your car have headlamp washers?

There may be a leak at these also. I had the same symptoms last year and it turned out to be a fracture in one of the washer jets, just out of sight below the bumper.

There was no obvious reason for the weak washers jets and after checking the area near the battery I ventured below the headlights and when the headlight washers were operated there was a distinct leak. once I changed it for a new unit normal windscreen washer pressure was resumed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back