Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window operation with key?

redbaron1973

Trainee
Can someone let me know what coding is required to allow this ( VW Style)

mine neither opens or closes on holding the lock button yet other people seem to have this?

LOL well your supposed to be able to turn the function on with durametric or piwis but my guy spent ages turning on and off various options and my windows still dont work off the fob . he also said they turn the opening function off and dont recommend it as there have been times when an owner returned to his car to find open windows as it must have opened them in his pocket as he walked off ,so they like to only turn on the auto close option :thumb:

I've got this enabled.
Very handy for tiny spaces as it also works on the remote.

If you Google Porsche piwis on rennlist you should get the spreadsheet with coding options.
Gl

From memory its in the alarm system and its comfort closeing .. its several codeing options that need changeing .

You also need to code the key activation to 1100 milliseconds or you will get problems if the key whilst in your pocket is briefly pressed .

That was a later option Porsche came up with as we always used to code this system off at OPC due to people comeing back to their cars and finding the windows had dropped ... 1100 milli tends to stop this happening .

Phil 997 said:
LOL well your supposed to be able to turn the function on with durametric or piwis but my guy spent ages turning on and off various options and my windows still dont work off the fob . he also said they turn the opening function off and dont recommend it as there have been times when an owner returned to his car to find open windows as it must have opened them in his pocket as he walked off ,so they like to only turn on the auto close option :thumb:
Yes I've come back to my car with Windows wide open. P.I.A as I want it the other way round

FZP said:
Phil 997 said:
Yes I've come back to my car with Windows wide open. P.I.A as I want it the other way round

Nex time your in your garage get them to code the time setting for the keys to 1100 milliseconds .. that tended to stop this happening .

Your only other option is to have comfort coded off.

You can choose to have just comfort open coded off though if you wish ... windows close on lock but not opening in that case if the key is pressed .

This is something i tried to do but it didnt work. Didnt realise it required more than one thing coding... Time to try again!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back