Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake Pads - 2013 Cayenne S 4.2 Diesel

Pops

I recently bought one of these and have been enjoying it immensely. As part of the PPI I was advised that the front and rear brake pads, but not discs would need replacing at the next service. The vehicle is not under OPC warranty so I would like some recommendations as to which make / brand of pads I could use other than the Porsche stamped ones, bearing in mind the weight and performance of this model. Thanks.

I generally go with Pagid. I recently paid about £60 for a set of Cayenne front pads from ECP.

MC

I must have missed this post so il just copy paste what i replyed via PM for anyone thats interested .

Hi Pops

Im a bit of a Porsche fan im afraid so i do personnely prefer Porsche parts but at work i tend to fit what im given and if there is a choice then that is offered to the customer , for anything like this we would offer what ECP stocks and Porsche so the customer can decide .. all i can recomend is you check ECP and see what they offer .

Bear in mind the front brake pads are only 1 cm pad material from new , lots of people even opc tend to say they need changeing when they dont .. its a huge pad so it has less material but it confuses people.

Front and you need to be down to 3mm before changeing them or wait till the warning light comes on .

Iain.

Many thanks chaps for the replies.

Very interesting about the Cayenne pads only being 1cm thick when new.

The PPI inspection I had on the vehicle may not have taken this fact into account when they flagged the brake pads as needing replacing at the next service. The recently obtained service print out, which the PPI inspector was not party to, showed that the pads where replaced at the last service (11,000 miles ago), so I was surprised when advised these would need replacing so soon!

Rule of thumb .. front pads/discs at 20k miles but this REALLY depends on how its driven .. they can last far longer .

Wait till the pad warning light is on .. only THEN replace them .. ignore the garages .. the car will tell you when its warrented .

If they were a cheap ish replacement then fine change when reported .. but they aint so get all the use out of them you can !

deMort said:
Rule of thumb .. front pads/discs at 20k miles but this REALLY depends on how its driven .. they can last far longer .

Wait till the pad warning light is on .. only THEN replace them .. ignore the garages .. the car will tell you when its warrented .

If they were a cheap ish replacement then fine change when reported .. but they aint so get all the use out of them you can !

Great advice, many thanks De Mort! :salut:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back