Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Bridge - 911 going up for auction

This is her

Attachments

• 53d4b07a_3eef_4e01_b156_a8b14e8bd684_167.png
    53d4b07a_3eef_4e01_b156_a8b14e8bd684_167.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11,618
spongebob squarepants said:
Is it just me who's never heard of the bridge :dont know:

Me neither! 👍

madalaa said:
I have only just been recommended it ........ Scandi detective thriller I believe ...... the whole series so far is on BBC i-player but I haven't started watching it yet.
Just gone onto iPlayer and it's only showing the 3 latest eps. :dont know:

Hmmmm ..... that's weird ...... when I went there a couple of weeks ago they had the whole series ....... I have tried everything to see if I could again get that back up again but no ....... maybe its because there is a new series coming out ....... Ah well I guess that can go back on a back burner ....... can't say that I am that fussed either way.

Its only on iplayer for 30 days.

So I've watched the first two series, free on iplayer then time ran out so bought the third seies on amazon prime for £12.99, now watching series 4 for £9.99

Which was the Scandi series where the 'Don' had the fixer - big geezer with a beard who made problems go away. Involved two kids who took over a garage :dont know:

In my day most of the Swedish stuff was a diffeent genrà¨.

PeterS said:
In my day most of the Swedish stuff was a diffeent genrà¨.

:hand: Yep and they always had someone playing a Hammond organ to chivvy things along. Plus on VHS if you had the luxury of freeze frame the jittering between frames became a bit disconcerting :what:

ETA: The other Danish Series I was thinking of was 'Follow the Money'. Rather good :thumb:

Sold for £125k at Goodwood

No leather trousers yesterday unfortunately. Much too warm for those, I should imagine.

I thought I was going to get the chance of a quick chat with her but just missed out. :damn:

The car was getting a lot of interest on Thursday so I wasn't surprised that it smashed the estimate but I was surprised quite how high it went in the end, especially with the buyers premium to go on top of the £125k hammer price. It was a "well used" example but that added to the cool factor somehow.

I was stood behind the winning bidder during the auction - he didn't break a sweat. 8)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_241_153.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_241_153.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11,620
  • fullsizeoutput_24e_197.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_24e_197.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11,620
It's great that they raised the amount that they do.

It's a shame for the buyer that the series isn't going to carry on after series 4
If the series went on it would surely add to the value.

What's the old showbiz adage? "Always leave them wanting more"....or something like that.

It wouldn't be the same without that 911 in it and it might help to cement its status as a cult classic by not dragging it out until it just fades away and everyone loses interest. Would hate for them to 'jump the shark'.*

*I'm assuming that they didn't f**k it up in series 4 - I'm waiting for the World Cup to get out of the way before I watch it so that I can give it my full attention.

Much like Saga's 911 -> No spoilers please gents.

Attachments

• img_1800_206.jpg
    img_1800_206.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11,561
Zingari said:
Which was the Scandi series where the 'Don' had the fixer - big geezer with a beard who made problems go away. Involved two kids who took over a garage :dont know:

Follow the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back