Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boot release wire

A2B

I was having a poke around my car (997.1 C2) and after removing the rear n/s light cluster I found the emergency wire pull boot release.
In order to remove the cluster to get access to the wire I had to open the boot to loosen the retaining screws. This seems to be a catch 22 to me?
Am I missing something or is the wire rigged incorrectly?
IMG_5121.jpg
[/url][/img]

No it's a safety measure in case you accidentally lock yourself in the engine compartment. Presumably while you were removing the light cluster..

asterix_the_gaul said:
No it's a safety measure in case you accidentally lock yourself in the engine compartment. Presumably while you were removing the light cluster..

:floor:

You can actually lift the light unit slightly .. a plastic trim tool is best .. then you can pull out this wire ..

It is for emergencys only so its not supposed to be easy but it makes it far better than cutting a very large hole in your boot lid !

That IS the correct position .

Of course- easy once u know. 🙄 :grin:
Thx

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back