Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Android - Climate Control interface

eabeukes

Monza
I have been looking at some of the newer XTRONS and Pumpkin headunits and some of the more 'custom' ones have (physical or software) buttons to handle the climate control.

Is the 996 climate control accessable over OBD or CANbus, or would I need to interface directly to the buttons via GPIO?

I'd stay well clear of any XTRON if I were you. I fiited one in my Audi after ignoring similar forum warnings and have lived to regret it....utter garbage!

My Xtron is fine.

Numpty question - why would you want to control your HVAC from your car stereo? Surely it's easier and quicker just to operate your HVAC?

alex yates said:
My Xtron is fine.

Numpty question - why would you want to control your HVAC from your car stereo? Surely it's easier and quicker just to operate your HVAC?

Not a numpty question at atll!

I have a 1DIN Becker which is rubbish, lower console is going away which leaves a sum total of the £1200 'Classic' ripoff radio.

Having looked at the market, there are really nice units available for VAG cars, which look OEM too with buttons etc which would bring the head unit up to date without making the dash look like a mutant spaceship. The problem is theyre all 2DIN, and as the HVAC cant be moved (in my case) it leaves me with little options.

Oh, and I did contemplate building my own 1DIN touchscreen unit but alas the coding and fabrication is beyond my meagre skillset

:grin:

The Becker is not bad sound quality, the radio is not great. Some new speakers make a massive difference.

I run mine with a bluetooth streaming adapter on the AUX.

Phone is used to play spotify, iplayer radio, nav with google maps etc.

I mount the phone on on of those magnetic ball mounts under the radio.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back