Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 lighting design origin

996mike

Silverstone
How sexy do our head lights look now

Attachments

• cade6a42_cee6_4021_b024_964d8cea1c6c_133.jpeg
    cade6a42_cee6_4021_b024_964d8cea1c6c_133.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 1,876
The lights were designed for the 996.1 and some of the GT1 models borrowed them.

Magic919 said:
The lights were designed for the 996.1 and some of the GT1 models borrowed them.

That is what I thought, the GT1 started out with the same sort of lights as the 993, but when the better ligthts came along on the 996 they pinched them for the GT1.

MC

Theres a guy that lives near me has one of these in cobalt blue (used to be yellow). Ive only seen it once on the road but my god what a presence it has when going past.

Close to being my favourite road going Porsche.

MisterCorn said:
Magic919 said:

That is what I thought, the GT1 started out with the same sort of lights as the 993, but when the better ligthts came along on the 996 they pinched them for the GT1.

MC

Are 996 lights really better than the 993? Mine are dreadful, mind you they're not Litronics. I had intended to retrofit HIDs but not sure now after the recent MoT changes.

I'm also interested in how Poppopbangbang updated his to high performance LEDs.

coullstar said:
Theres a guy that lives near me has one of these in cobalt blue (used to be yellow). Ive only seen it once on the road but my god what a presence it has when going past.

Close to being my favourite road going Porsche.

It drove past me just the other day! I was in the Mini or I'd have shouted "nice headlights mate" as he went by.
I'm sure it's the same one that was posted on Pistonheads 'Best of Scottish' spotted thread (Or whatever it's called) parked behind a van down a side street in Banchory. 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back