Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 Rear Lights

cliffbase

Monza
Morning Chaps,

Cleaned & polished the car today & noticed a crack across the near side rear light. I washed it 6 days go and it hasn't been used in between (sun out = motorbike!). The crack was not there then, its been parked in the same place where no impact could happen.

Having read various threads on here regarding condensation i see you can remove the breather plugs. I've never had condensation in mine, but i can only assume the recent high temps have caused this?

Thoughts please (oh & if anyone has a gen 2 rear light with the clear insert!)

Think it may be prudent to wrap both lights with clear vinyl to help protect them in future.

Time for new lights!! Add PPF clear vinyl film on the lights and keep the rear end out if sunlight!!!

J

:grin: :grin: nice one 997 keep the posts coming could be 1000 by xmas :thumb:

Is the car garaged? Unless it's left in direct sunlight I can't see how the crack has grown?

I've removed the drain bungs and am careful with the jetwash. Not put film on.

Phil 997 said:
:grin: :grin: nice one 997 keep the posts coming could be 1000 by xmas :thumb:

Hehehehehe, didnt realise the amount of posts has totaled to our model..

Attachments

• screenshot_20180712_152017_samsung_internet_631.jpg
    screenshot_20180712_152017_samsung_internet_631.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,009

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back