Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mirror query

AndyS

Hello guys.....
The door mirror on my car feels a little loose. Looking at the image, does anyone know if it is 17 (on the outside) or 9 (behind the door card) that I need to get to - to tighten this up?

.....or both?

Attachments

• mirror_137.jpg
    mirror_137.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,546
If 17 doesn't work then your spring 10 is broken most likely. Has it had a wack at some time? 9 is a bayonet type fitting and that spring is really strong.

Endoman said:
If 17 doesn't work then your spring 10 is broken most likely. Has it had a wack at some time? 9 is a bayonet type fitting and that spring is really strong.

Cheers John.
It's not had a whack as far as I'm aware - it's just slightly loose. I think it could have been a little loose when it came back from 9M after the paint job, and it's just got slightly worse and now I notice it when washing.
I'll try 17 first as it looks the easier option - if I can get that damn plastic screw cover out first :frustrated:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back