Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fitted My New tyres WTF ???

HSC911 said:
-- 997 -- said:
And to also get them cheap, now that was a result!

How cheap is cheap :dont know:

:thumb:

£820 inc fitting compared to stupid prices i was quoted, prices were ranging from £820 - £980 etc.... and ive searched the internet for cheaper!! And the cheapest was like 4 miles from where i live! :thumb:

J

mark pearce said:
Are you sure you know what your talking about ?

What kind of question is that? i know what im talking about, started of life at Kwik Fit pbefore flying the nest to BMW :lol: :lol: When you static balance a wheel its a hit and miss! If the tyres and alloy are put together and are good you can get away with the static balance but alot of the time you get vibration which means you have no choice but to re-balance the wheel having weights on the outside ! However there was a slight vibration on rear after driving the next day so i wasnt confident on driving. Went back and got them re-done in black weights which you cant see. The tyres i had in my 997 previously were balanced statically must have been lucky l:lol:

J

Apologies , but having sold Porsche for over 30 years, they only times I ve seen centrally balanced wheels the result has been appalling
And when Ive pointed that out to the tyre fitters who re balanced the wheels, they' just laughed at the prior work
As the cars come from the factory with weights on the inside and outside , Porsche normally put a lot of thought into what they do

I'd never deliver a car to a customer with centrally balanced weights

My tyre fitters regularly tell me that for a polo /fiesta balanced to 5g the customers will never know , but for a Porsche they balance to 0g and recalibrate the machine regularly for 'Mr P'

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back