Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

9E PPI/PPI Surrey

BChivs

Does anyone know b6 experience if Nine Excellence travel out to do PPI's? Also any other recommendations in the Guildford/Horsham area?

What are your thoughts on a Porsche Centre 111 point check?

PPi is best done in the workshop and on a ramp , things like emissions / brake roller test etc .

Im all for OPC doing them .. hell i did enough of them when i was there .

I very much doubt 9E would send someone out but unless you ask them ...

deMort said:
PPi is best done in the workshop and on a ramp , things like emissions / brake roller test etc .

Im all for OPC doing them .. hell i did enough of them when i was there .

I very much doubt 9E would send someone out but unless you ask them ...

You just hear mixed comments about OPC inspections....some not as thorough as others.
I'd ideally like to take it to 9E being turbo experts but it's the logistics if the dealer is not keen to take it.....think 9E are approx 40mins from them.

OPC and yeah .. i can agree .. i only know about where i used to work .. and thats full of new guys these days but they do have rules and so in theory every opc should be the same .. well in theory.

9E is fine so you need to talk to them and check .. but im dubious they will send someone out .

Im even further away so im out :sad:

111 point check is structured and very thorough despite some variability that can be present anywhere. Independent inspections can also be highly variable in terms of what is covered, what is not which can be reflected in the price. The 111 point inspection is structured as are some Indy inspections reflecting their previous OPC experience.

Bear in mind the 111 point inspection is aimed at assessing the vehicle for a warranty. So it will highlight every non-Porsche or non-standard item. So you will need a judgement call on interpretation - non standard battery, non standard sat nav/stereo, non N-rated tyres etc.

Price-wise the 111 point inspection is good value for money at around £210 inc VAT. But check with OPC for current pricing.

A good thorough independent PPI will be around £270-£300 + VAT and the report you get back will be variable. OPC all report against the checklist they use as a standard template to the inspection.

AddSpeed is based in Horsham - that use to do work on my 997 and I was happy with that:

https://www.addspeed.co.uk/

Or you have Parr in Crawley

http://parr-uk.co.uk/

But is you are going to Crawley you may as well go to 9E as they are not that far away.

Where is the car actually located? If in Surrey , you have Cridfords , but I never got a warm feeling about that place.

https://www.cridfords.co.uk/

Also , if you are planning on extending the Porsche warranty you will need to pay for a Porsche inspection first anyway , so you may as well have the PPI done at Porsche. Thats what I did. Was happy enough with their PPI.

a1topdog said:
Also , if you are planning on extending the Porsche warranty you will need to pay for a Porsche inspection first anyway , so you may as well have the PPI done at Porsche. Thats what I did. Was happy enough with their PPI.

Be aware that if its a Porsche warranty you are after, the process for this situation will involve two 111-point inspections to the best of my knowledge.

The first at purchase in this case to assess the vehicle and put right things identified for a Porsche Warranty. Then there is a 90 day wait period to apply for a Warranty at which point another 111 point inspection is required and the warranty fee also being paid. The second one may highlight items requiring to be addressed from the first inspection if the purchaser elected not to put them right at that time but used that first inspection to get a general assessment of the car prior to purchase.

I'm sure those who have the warranty on a used car purchase in this manner will correct me if I am mistaken.

It's a 996 so wouldn't qualify for warranty with OPC but has full OPC history and will be sent to OPC Guildford pre delivery.
I would like an inspection carried out on any car I decide to go for, but sceptical about inspections from unknown outfits with little recommendation.

Either Parr or 9E would be the go to of choice, but it Will be in for a major at OPC and thought kill two birds.

I suppose if OPCs offer a 2yr warranty off the back of an 111 it must be reasonably thorough or they would continually get their pants pulled down.

OPC Brooklands are not too far away and they did an excellent assessment on my car (FOC on their open Saturday). They certainly know 996s.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back