Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another issue, it keeps beeping at me

Im afraid that whilst we do have Durametric its not something i really use very often , Autologic and piwis are my main testers of choice.

I find it strange it doesnt have the values though but if you have the latest version then i guess not , im sure i have seen it though so im a little confused .. gen 2 only :dont know:

In this case i think a local indy useing their tester would be the cheapest and quickest way of diagnoseing your fault.

Guywilko said:
Soz !

couldnt post pic.

codes are 46 60 47 61 59 33 3

cheers

Sorry I don't know, maybe starting a new thread with a description of your issues may help

Had another look at this again today and may have found something. First I tested the rear engine compartment micro switch it appears to work properly, there's continuity when the latch is set to open and open circuit when teh latch is closed.

Next I tested the bonnet micro switch, with the wiring plug from the latch disconnected the micro switch appears to operate as above but once the wiring plug is plugged back in there is continuity regardless of the position of the micro switch.

I then unplugged the micro switch from the car harness and testing the 2 pins on the car side of the wiring plug there is permanent continuity between the 2 pins (brown and yellow with brown trace) to me this doesn't make sense as I think the switch should be there to make or break continuity in the circuit depending on if the bonnet is open or closed so I suspect there is a wiring issue somewhere giving continuity between the 2 wires above.

chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back