Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted - 997

I dont think close to £1.50 a ltr for v max helps thirsty engine sales and the continues uncertainty of whats happening over leaving the EU and how it will affect jobs, trade etc. lower than expected GDP . All major purchase sales inc houses are sluggish at the moment . Whats interesting is now we are all much better informed of the signs of slowing markets ,we as people react tightening spending far quicker then in the past so the trend hits the high street much quicker than say 10 yrs ago . The good news is we are also well informed when confidence returns and start spending quicker again so the recovery is faster . :thumb: A good qtr GDP and those morons in power pulling their fingers out over the EU and it will recover very quickly . :thumb:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but 997.2 prices are not holding up so well at all. As Phil says it's all this uncertainty around this ruddy Breaksit which seems to be a swirling mass of confusion, drop into that the stock market taking a bit of a hammering recently with all the Trade wars that a certain person is stirring up and people are just not splashing out on expensive motors.
Car sales in general are well down year on year.

easternjets said:
Car sales in general are well down year on year.

You're spot on with that point. The overall uncertainty created by Brexit, lack of consumer confidence has affected just about everything from the things in the supermarket shelves through to cars.
I don't think it's specific to any particular models. Certainly, as a brand Porsche are seen as a luxury proposition and potential good investment. The latter point has encouraged people to take their money from the bank and transfer it to a car where gains are more likely and tax free.
Cars like the 997.2 are not seen as investments per se (unless something very unusual) but for people like me they are a good place to put some money that has seen the majority of its depreciation and is flat on value.

In a flat market or even one declining very slightly, it's a good place to 'trade up". Trading down or out altogether will inevitably result in losing money.

When you see your ISA sitting in a bank getting max 1.5% it's not a difficult decision to make on a £100k investment, do I wait for my £1500 each year or buy a 911 and enjoy myself :D

Cash ISA = yes - stocks and shares ISA = much better than that!

Last time I checked, we were getting mid teens % on our S&S ISAs

As I am looking at 981 Caymans...

The prices for these seem to be holding up well and nicely-specced ones don't hang around - went to see one at 911V and it was reserved before I could get back to them

Only ones which are struggling are the poverty-spec cars with interior colours that are an 'acquired taste'....

I've just put my 997 Gen2 PDK Cabriolet up for £31,995 if anyone is interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back