Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre Pressure at Petrol Station

Zingari said:
alex yates said:
Never check your coolant level until car has stood overnight and temp is ambient. Same rules of expansion apply :thumb:

Breaking wind the morning after a mutton tikka vindaloo and 10 pints of Guinness can have the same effect.

I've also tried taking a huge gulp of air before getting on the scales but so far it's not made me any lighter?

Once you get the optimum pressure it might be worth getting them filled with nitrogen to control the heat v pressure change :dont know:
In the topic of Nitrogen, from all the reading I've done on it over the years is that each Nitrogen molecule takes longer to escape the tyre vs air. Less fettling required. As for stability it seems like in the real world road conditions, it's negligible.
I've just come back from a spirited run to the shops and the run out was great, the inbound run was greasy. I'm trying to remember when CG set my TP as to whether it was the last thing they did or done after the test drive. It was Xmas time so rather fresh. Might set the pressure the afternoon when the temps at it's highest and see if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back