Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Number plate G911 TKL

You should attend one of our meets. They're great. In fact we were discussing number plates only on Sat where one of the fellas were taking calls from a particular Billionaire and his daughter to take possession of a 3 digit plate. Even went to the effort of flying them to the middle East for a junket....he still refused to sell at middish 6 figures.
Although it may not be your first rodeo, I'm sure you're early on in your rodeo career as you've still got them for sale. Given that there are 17500 possible other plate combinations with your G911 prefix :?: Doesn't make it particularly rare does it?
Perhaps not mine and just about everyone else on here first rodeo either cowboy :bandit:

FZP said:
You should attend one of our meets. They're great. In fact we were discussing number plates only on Sat where one of the fellas were taking calls from a particular Billionaire and his daughter to take possession of a 3 digit plate. Even went to the effort of flying them to the middle East for a junket....he still refused to sell at middish 6 figures.
Although it may not be your first rodeo, I'm sure you're early on in your rodeo career as you've still got them for sale. Given that there are 17500 possible other plate combinations with your G911 prefix :?: Doesn't make it particularly rare does it?
Perhaps not mine and just about everyone else on here first rodeo either cowboy :bandit:

Well that must have been enthralling!! Did he smoke a cigar after the call?? Yes I must find the time to attend.

Yes there may be that many G911 combinations but I guarantee this is the only one that ends in the very rare ONE and only 'TKL' :thumb:

Do you take such offence when you see items you deem expensive in shops?

As soon as Kevin Langmire buys his long lusted after G50 911T, you'll be able to get your 3k and more. Now you go and until big Keg and sell home the dream.
Last time I was offended by anything was when I was in my late teens chief from memory.....and it was more disgusted rather than offended. Pop along to the local meet and I'll tell you all about it. I've scarred many with the retelling of that story.
But good on you for coming onto this forum and having a crack tiger,but don't get your knickers in a knot when they get pulled down a bit. :thumb:

Edit: I wonder if Dan is related to P911X50. He was the last one to have a decent crack on here about number plates. Although he never explained to me why LA04FER was worth 40x more than LA09FER. He tells me he sold it though so who am I to argue.

It could be George Eaton in disguise :?:

FZP said:
As soon as Kevin Langmire buys his long lusted after G50 911T, you'll be able to get your 3k and more. Now you go and until big Keg and sell home the dream.
Last time I was offended by anything was when I was in my late teens chief from memory.....and it was more disgusted rather than offended. Pop along to the local meet and I'll tell you all about it. I've scarred many with the retelling of that story.
But good on you for coming onto this forum and having a crack tiger,but don't get your knickers in a knot when they get pulled down a bit. :thumb:

Edit: I wonder if Dan is related to P911X50. He was the last one to have a decent crack on here about number plates. Although he never explained to me why LA04FER was worth 40x more than LA09FER. He tells me he sold it though so who am I to argue.

It could be George Eaton in disguise :?:

What are you going on about?? You keep going on about all these number plates and how much their worth and yet you claim the ones I'm advertising are £200 and akin to crypto?!

I'm not overly fussed if they sell or don't sell, I've seen other plates for sale posts and the banter that comes and I started it in my first post ;)

The crowd had cleared and you've rolled up like you know something but tbh your banter is rubbish??

And then you throw a threat in that you'll tell me a scary story. I have a few myself chap, I can deffo take a punch but I can and will return it too, but I'm not going to come and sit on the carpet with you for story time.

Anyway thanks for keeping at the top. :thumb:

You've not read it properly chief. Let me go back and help you out.
1.Kevin Longmire gives you your KL in your G911TKL who owns a 911T
2.it was a genuine invitation to come along to see that we have a great time for a few hours, once a month on a Sat. It's a great get together with a good bunch of guys.
3 I've definitely not thrown a threat at you, as I've not "scared" anyone with my story, I've "scarred" people with my story. But I can see how you got confused with scarred and an invitation to come along whilst you speed read through my response. Remember I said it I was disgusted rather than offended.
4. If you go back and have a look through number plate threads here you'd have come across the LA04FER number plate thread. That will give you a background. Should be part of your research when creating your proposition before posting.
5. The number plate/crypto comparison is in relation to the silly numbers that get thrown around. A small number of people make vast sums of money, whilst the rest use the often tried, but not often successful tactic of creating a F.O.M.O aura around a product after the main boat has sailed.
Now here's the big ticket item for you tiger. This is a Porsche forum, and not a number plate forum. People who register to flog a slightly relevant number plate, asking silly numbers and getting upset about people sticking the needle, should perhaps think a little harder before registering.
But I'm happy to play along as are a few others, just ask Trev

:thumb:

FZP said:
You've not read it properly chief. Let me go back and help you out.
1.Kevin Longmire gives you your KL in your G911TKL who owns a 911T
2.it was a genuine invitation to come along to see that we have a great time for a few hours, once a month on a Sat. It's a great get together with a good bunch of guys.
3 I've definitely not thrown a threat at you, as I've not "scared" anyone with my story, I've "scarred" people with my story. But I can see how you got confused with scarred and an invitation to come along whilst you speed read through my response. Remember I said it I was disgusted rather than offended.
4. If you go back and have a look through number plate threads here you'd have come across the LA04FER number plate thread. That will give you a background. Should be part of your research when creating your proposition before posting.
5. The number plate/crypto comparison is in relation to the silly numbers that get thrown around. A small number of people make vast sums of money, whilst the rest use the often tried, but not often successful tactic of creating a F.O.M.O aura around a product after the main boat has sailed.
Now here's the big ticket item for you tiger. This is a Porsche forum, and not a number plate forum. People who register to flog a slightly relevant number plate, asking silly numbers and getting upset about people sticking the needle, should perhaps think a little harder before registering.
But I'm happy to play along as are a few others, just ask Trev

Of course I didn't read it properly it didn't start with I'm interested in your plate and want to offer you money for it ;)

But I'll reply to your points anyway

1. Well keep replying till he or someone else rocks up and then ill get negotiating :thumb:
2. I'm trying to sell a number plate not widen my social circle.
3. Again scared or scarred, I'll tell a story about a boil that will put you off your dinner.
4. I've been through previous posts and have seen you lowballing offers to people in the vain desperation it's funny and when your told it was worth £500 you gave it the shhhh.
5. Well you should realise that my price isn't that far out and your offer price was utterly ridiculous.

And as for your 5.b. This is the number plate section on a Porsche forum sweetie 🤔 you know the place to advertise 911 plates.

If you're trying to be funny.....you have to be funny...you know?

As for the last laughable comment about sticking the needle. You'll be the one trying to come up with something witty long after ive either sold the plate or I've lost interest in posting and move onto eBay for a £1 listing day 😉

:bandit: :bandit: :bandit:

So you're obviously too distracted by the French going ahead against Belgium to notice the consistent detail in all my responses. But hey, you keep plugging away chief. Before you know it you'll be jumping on here waxing lyrical about how you sold it for £7k and I told you so.. That's how it rolls.
Good thing the retention period is 10 years
It's been fun, but the game is getting interesting. Chat in a few weeks tiger

Danhere said:
New997buyer said:
Danhere said:
I noticed a trend on plate selling on here.

1. Indicate you want obscene money ✅
2. Accept ridicule about price and letter arrangement ✅
2a. Looks like Trevor comments and Trevor's offer ✅
3. Drop price to more sensible price ❌
4. Sell plate to a nice person with a Porsche 911t (because I'm not going to get one)
5. Sell the pi9 plate to some one ugly...
6. Dan gets a bit more money towards motorbike.

I have both plates on retention.

Not sure you're really past #3 Dan :chin:

Btw still waiting for a reply? :dont know:

Trvr :thumbs:

No your a messer!! I didn't get a pm from you so how can I take you seriously?

I realise I didn't go high enough with my first valuation!

I think the price is ok, it's a non chavy discrete plate with the correct amount of letters. Frivolous purchases always seem expensive!! Have you seen the price of a Porsche?

And the p19 Rwd is applicable to 996 in Rwd form.

:bandit: :thumb:

:dont know:

I'm far from a 'messer'. And I definitely sent you a pm, you know, Pigeon Mail? Brenda in fact, one of my best birds. I'm a bit concerned you haven't seen her :what: You don't have a cat by any chance? :eek:

Trvr

Bloody Hell Dan you not sold them yet ,I have been away for a few days thought it would be "dan and dusted" by now :grin: just hang in there Trevor is in the wings waiting for your bottom offer mmm re phrace not the offer of your bottom, your lowest offer :floor: phew wriggled out of that and hopefully no one spotted it :floor:
Good to see the banter ongoing though ,much more fun than another "What friggin' oil shall I use "post

My ex wife may be interested in the P16 plate mainly for reason 5 on your trend list :grin: :grin: unless of course you have on retention B165LAG in which case I may buy it for her :floor: :floor:

Keep the entertainment rolling :thumb: :thumb:

I'm losing track of the arguement ....

But let's look on the +vet side ...this is getting 'Dan's ' post count up and looking as if he just hasn't jumped onto Our hallowed site to flog dead horse ...oops I mean flog a plate on here ....as long as it stays civilised .......

Why does George Eaton not make an offer......?

911TEL said:
I'm losing track of the arguement ....

But let's look on the +vet side ...this is getting 'Dan's ' post count up and looking as if he just hasn't jumped onto Our hallowed site to flog dead horse ...oops I mean flog a plate on here ....as long as it stays civilised .......

Why does George Eaton not make an offer......?

I think Dan sounds a good sport. When he offers I decent price I hope he gets a decent newbuyer :thumbs:

FZP said:
So you're obviously too distracted by the French going ahead against Belgium to notice the consistent detail in all my responses. But hey, you keep plugging away chief. Before you know it you'll be jumping on here waxing lyrical about how you sold it for £7k and I told you so.. That's how it rolls.
Good thing the retention period is 10 years
It's been fun, but the game is getting interesting. Chat in a few weeks tiger

:thumb: has been entertaining

Trev-

Ah pigeon mail - I think Brenda's gone rogue because you were offering her peanuts when she wanted bread.

Phil -

Hey I'm doing the selling not the buying, do you ask for a cheaper price or do you make an offer? Am I not approachable? As for p19 plate for the ex wife - did you really put that in writing!! Brave man!

Tel -

There's no argument here, I'm selling something and I'm talking to the passing trade ;)

New997

I'm not going to offer any price :nooo: I'm considering offers it's more fun :grin:

And if I drop the online price you won't be able to sell it later, you know like RRP

Danhere said:
As for the last laughable comment about sticking the needle. You'll be the one trying to come up with something witty long after ive either sold the plate or I've lost interest in posting and move onto eBay for a £1 listing day 😉

You posted your for sale advert on Friday 6th...£1 listing day was Sunday and Monday 8th/9th respectively :thumbs:

I can't see your plates on eBay...have they sold already :dont know:

HSC911 said:
Danhere said:

You posted your for sale advert on Friday 6th...£1 listing day was Sunday and Monday 8th/9th respectively :thumbs:

I can't see your plates on eBay...have they sold already :dont know:

Nope not listed them yet. If I do list them on there they'll be more expensive as I'm doing you lot a deal :thumbs:

I did actually get them for a reasons and it wasn't to sell to make a profit. (Although I'm not adverse too). I was going to put the p16 plate on a hayabusa or a trail bike, the 911 plate came to me on a car that was a project that I'm in the process of getting rid of as I've given up the dream. With what I sell the parts from could buy a 911 possibly a turbo, so no I'm not rush and list it because I truly hate eBay really ;)

But I'm having a bit of a break from cars and doing bikes so thought I'd stick it up and give someone a chance to have it.

But if I was going to go and buy a play car it would deffo be a 911 turbo rwd in grey with black leather preferably but cheaper the better really. I nearly went to look at the oxford green one on eBay last year bit tatty was 28k iirc but I bottled it due to thinking I should get a boat or jetski or do parachute lessons (quite cheap!) I've just seen how cheap paragliding is.

Proper midlife crisis!!!!

So I'm not going to take a crap offer :grin: :thumbs:

Danhere said:
Nope not listed them yet. If I do list them on there they'll be more expensive as I'm doing you lot a deal :thumbs:

Whoop whoop, I can see that, they are really cheap

Danhere said:
the 911 plate came to me on a car that was a project that I'm in the process of getting rid of as I've given up the dream. With what I sell the parts from could buy a 911 possibly a turbo

So you have a 911 already :?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back