Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Water Pump Leak

zagonda

Silverstone
Looks like i'll be busy this weekend !!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• water_leak_201.jpg
    water_leak_201.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,423
Thanks deMort, am i right in thinking i don't have to remove the thermostat housing ?

Ohhh No young man .. you wont be getting the pump out with that there and yes that small coolant pipe covering it needs moving .

Hopefully you dont have a tip .. the one i did this week was and i can only assume it was the first tip water pump ive done as i was shall we say " a little annoyed " at that dam pipe .. manual and you can move it .. bloody tip and its routed different .. i ended up removeing exhaust clamps and swearing at it a lot ..

It didnt listen though .. it just hated me !

Youll need a gasket for it .. clean the surface well and i dont tend to use any sealent .. the gasket was good enough for Porsche ... :D

Kool, thanks, I did get a thermostat gasket just in case. Luckily it's a manual.....

Well it's on. Don't want to do another in a hurry.......

Attachments

• water_pump_3_196.jpg
    water_pump_3_196.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 1,172

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back