Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

435d Remapped

Mini-Me

Had the car Remapped at Morebhp in Crewe.
Roller results;
Before - 302.6 bhp & 623Nm
After - 355.1 & 739Nm :eek:
Graph curves look good with gains from low down and maintained throughout.
How does it feel? In a word, brutal.
Back to back with 911 (straight line) 435 feels/is faster.
911 would still eat it on track I think.

Am a huge fan of the BMW diesels......

Its the torque that makes them so brutal....they just pull and pull.

I had a 330d a long while back, was seriously quick, yet you could be lazy and leave it in third most of the time (was perfect when I was covering loads of miles)

I used to have a pre LCI f30 335d M sport.

One of the best engines I've driven. Terrible chassis and steering though. Great mile muncher but overall a big letdown.

I know the 4 series is better and the LCI is better still.

Very quick off the line. Brutal is a good word.

APL911 said:
I used to have a pre LCI f30 335d M sport.

One of the best engines I've driven. Terrible chassis and steering though. Great mile muncher but overall a big letdown.

I know the 4 series is better and the LCI is better still.

Very quick off the line. Brutal is a good word.

A set of good non run flat tyres and lowered on a set of ACS springs has improved the driving experience a lot.

Yes no doubt, there was a big thing made of the ace springs on the forum. I could not bring myself to spend another £700 to fix bmw's ***** up on a £40k car however...

I'd love that engine and gearbox in a rwd e92 :thumb:

I have a daily E46 330D which has been mapped.
Not sure of the numbers but remarkably quick.

Unfortunately it ate the auto box and even now after a rebuild I have to be careful in low gears or else I get a graunch, so plenty of torque.

Still dives very well tho with 186000 on the clock it's difficult to fault.

Pickse said:
I have a daily E46 330D which has been mapped.
Not sure of the numbers but remarkably quick.

Unfortunately it ate the auto box and even now after a rebuild I have to be careful in low gears or else I get a graunch, so plenty of torque.

Still dives very well tho with 186000 on the clock it's difficult to fault.
Yes, auto box stresses were a consideration prior to remap.
I'm not really into launches from standstill. More interested in having really good in gear acceleration. Hopefully a little mechanical sympathy will go a long way to keeping the transmission happy.

Just parted with my 430d x drive after 16 months of ownership.
Great car but I just need to get back into a boxster so sold it.

I don't get mine remapped because it was under warranty but I had my previous golf and seat mapped and the result was awesome except the seat blew the turbos 😳

Now it's me the boxster and an 07 high mileage but well sorted tdv8 diesel litres up Range Rover. The range will be my winter wheels to save some miles on the boxster which is currently doing average 500 miles a week.

Anyone ever remapped a diesel rr sport?
I'm thinking it could take it pretty nicely.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back