Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rolling Road 997 Question ----------------

Mezgerite said:
You can use the original MAF, that is no problem.

The GT3 body is obviously larger. The Ecu chooses a throttle plate angle depending on how much airflow it wants. With a GT3 body, it flows more air for any given throttle angle, especially at small angles. In the ECU are tables that tell it how much air the TB flows for a given angle. These are different between throttle bodies.

So when the GT3 body is fitted, the ECU should be reprogrammed with the new values to maintain smooth operation

thats a great explanation :worship: far better than my, the ECU cant handle it so you need a remap :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Mezgerite is the top man in the Uk to tune these cars and I should know! I've never met another tuner with the ability and knowledge that he has :worship:

Phil 997 said:
I can then as Max says debate and argue about peak power v where in the power curve its delivered , Air temp , power curve etc etc down the pub :floor: :floor: I have asked them to map for a fast road car so where in the curve will be more important than max power and I am prepared to sacrifice a bit at top end to get a good low mid range as its about drivability more than bragging rights for me :grin:

Quite right. I basically ask my tuner to tune for torque, and nice smooth curves and to keep it safe. If you tune for power you have a crap idle (which only sounds good in the pitlane) and a narrow power band between 5 and 7k revs...

What is Mezgerite's company name? Google didn't help........
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back