Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

H&R 15mm Lowering Springs ------------- ???

-- 997 --

Barcelona
A quick question for all. For the 997 C2 what is the H&R 15mm lowering springs like? Does the car sit nice or is it uneven. I.e. the rear sits higher then front?

Cheers

J

J my H&R with PASM do have a slight rake , but this is supposed to be a good thing

Attachments

• img_2466_485.jpg
    img_2466_485.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 1,172
H&R -15mm on mine, initially -25mm but too low and the front wheels were tucked under the wheel arch, not the look I wanted.
-15 mm look great, the wheel archer liner where it protrudes in the front will catch on a slightly raised manhole cover mind you, consider them replaceable items.
Got mine from Germany via E Bay.

Phil 997 said:
J my H&R with PASM do have a slight rake , but this is supposed to be a good thing

Phil, what you mean about slight rake? The rear being higher? Also is it worth the purchase? Are they good springs phil?

Its that i got offered a set for £80 !!!!

Cheers

J

Frenchmeister said:
H&R -15mm on mine, initially -25mm but too low and the front wheels were tucked under the wheel arch, not the look I wanted.
-15 mm look great, the wheel archer liner where it protrudes in the front will catch on a slightly raised manhole cover mind you, consider them replaceable items.
Got mine from Germany via E Bay.

Hi Frenchmeister, any pictures of your car with the H&R springs to see what you mean with the front wheel etc?

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:

Phil, what you mean about slight rake? The rear being higher? Also is it worth the purchase? Are they good springs phil?

Its that i got offered a set for £80 !!!!

Cheers

J

J, at 80quid buy them, the very slight rake (raised rear) is good as it is supposed to help with load displacement on pull away and braking , thats the simplistic answer, theres much more in depth answers if you google it . When I got my car it was fitted with them by Brookspeed who build the car up and they race cup cars etc so know their stuff . I had techarts on my gen1 and had thought if the H&R were not as good I would replace them but 13 months into ownership of the gen2 and quite happy so will be sticking with them :thumb:

I've got H&Rs and the car sits well (flat and even) but it's not stanced. 8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back