Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Video using launch control at vmax200

Status
Not open for further replies.
996ttalot said:
Mezgerite said:
Was it a 9A1 that went?
don't know - I only got back from Spa with customers in early hours of this morning - completely forgot Vmax was on. Got a call today today from a customer who went about more upgrades and he mentioned a 997 turbo that had a major problem.

K

is 991.2 turbo and new 991 GT2 RS this engine Ken?

ES 750

Ade, If you cannot understand putting up posts similar to this is a bit odd in the context of your misfortune on the day then I apologise. Sad if you don't share your experience and whether you continue to run ES 750 tune on your new engine. Really cannot understand what I have done wrong here by mentioning the elephant in the room. You can actually see puffs of black smoke when you're launching which isn't normal. DD

What is your interest here? I am wondering why you are so keen to have somebody detail their misfortune on the forum?

MC

MisterCorn said:
What is your interest here? I am wondering why you are so keen to have somebody detail their misfortune on the forum?

MC

I love 911 turbos. You have one too. Are you not interested in hearing how a leading 911 turbo tuner deals with a good customer when something goes wrong?

I certainly am. Nothing sinister just genuine interest.

Personally no, not in this case. I work closely with another tuner so won't be dealing with ES Motors, and I run a 996, not a 997.2. I have however spoken with customers of the tuner I use and discussed what happened when they had problems with their cars and how they were treatedl. I did it through PM, in person, or phone calls.

Do you not think that if Ade wanted to put all of the details in the public domain he would have already posted? He wouldn't want to wait for it to be dragged out.

Many people don't like to wash their dirty laundry in public. I had a problem with a well known tuner which ended up being settled out of court. These things happen and there are no hard feelings, but I didn't feel the need to write all about it on here. Many people know about it and know the details. People get to share what they want to. If anybody doesn't want to discuss something for whatever reason then leave it.

Generally this forum is a very friendly place, where people come to share information and stories about cars and other interests that we share. Everybody is here by choice. Coming in here and bullying people to try to get information out of them in a very public way is not on in my book. But then I'm not a moderator.

Obviously at times people will disagree, but it can be done with mutual respect and civility. If you ever were going to get the information you wanted you have blown your chances IMO, I have no idea why this is getting you quite so riled, but it doesn't across very well.

MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back