Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New to me Tubi Exhaust

Thanks Phil
I wrote it up as a reference for myself as well as for others. There may be something of value for someone who is considering a diy exhaust swap or the tubi system and what to expect for those in salty winter climates.
I'll have to figure out how to load a video up as I don't have a youtube account. The video I got from youtube is a pretty good reference a couple of posts back. Throaty down low and sounds oem up high. Potentially louder down low. Went for a coffee this morning and really enjoyed the drive.
I might pop down to the airport tunnels and see what sounds like. 30mph road works may make it difficult.....but not impossible 8)

What a P.I.A job that was. I just reread it and the frustration of rusty bolts was unbelievable. It was worth the effort just for the noise.
The only thing I wouldn't do again is polish the exhaust. Waste of money as they look rough again

I have to agree that it is a job not for the faint-hearted. It took me about a week all in but I think there is a bit more work involved with the Turbo and I replaced the headers too. I (obviously) didn't rush things and allowed the penetration fluid to do its thing over a number of days but cutting, chisling and bashing tools were used aplenty!

Anyone looking to take this task on will wish they hadn't but it's all very satisfying in the end if you do. I was particularly lucky with my manifold studs but others have been less so then it's time for expensive drill jigs and helecoils. I treated the studs every night for a week before tackling and I think it helped. Even low mileage cars will have suffered appalling fixings degradation but thankfully the manifold studs seem to be made of sterner stuff? Definitely use a mix of titanium and S/S fixings when bolting it all back together.

Well done FZP for sticking it out and ensuring that the job was done properly. :thumb:

Changing the manifolds over would be a step to far for me. I've never helicoiled anything so best left to the pros.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back