Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Techart springs?

Richtw

Monza
Are Techart springs available still in the UK for a 997.2?? They seem to be the most well received to work on conjunction with PASM! I have a need to go lower!!

Any pointers?

Thanks

Rich,

tech9 and Parr are both Techart UK distributors :thumb:

Good luck finding someone to sell them to you...........I tried two places (Parr and the other I forget) and got nowhere.
I did get a rather vague reply from some sales bloke in Germany but gave up when no-one in the UK would reply to emails or answer the sodding 'phone.

This is surely counter of beans from bimmer forum? Welcome to the proper German team ;)

Will see what I can do to get hold of a set but it sounds hard work - Phil do you have a set and where did you get them?

Thanks

Rich, yes Has them on my gen1 great springs ,my gen2 came with H&R so wont bother changing as the hight for me is fine but is lower than the techarts as my front lip will show lol..

I got mine from Tech9 with no problem. I am surprised COB got nowhere with Parr my gen2 has just come back from a gearbox rebuild with Parr and I had no problems getting through to them everytime I tried. :thumb: :thumb:

Why Techart and not H&R or Eibach? What spring rates are you looking for?

MaxA said:

Interesting - I have heard good things about the Techart springs with the drop being not too much, springs not sagging etc etc (I know they are made by Eibach). In terms of spring rate I am only doing it for cosmetic reasons... car is not tracked just driven on our lovely congested pot holed roads....

Not sure how much difference there is between the springs mentioned?

Phil - rang both of them twice; no answer. But probably just unlucky. I do think in this internet age businesses need to be sharp on customer enquiries - if people don't get an answer they just move on.
RichTW no I was on a BMW forum as Mike In Hampshire, mostly because my name's Mike, and I live in Hampshire! However I'm Counter Of Beans on the full fat Range Rover forum - my other car.

Richtw said:
MaxA said:

Interesting - I have heard good things about the Techart springs with the drop being not too much, springs not sagging etc etc (I know they are made by Eibach). In terms of spring rate I am only doing it for cosmetic reasons... car is not tracked just driven on our lovely congested pot holed roads....

Not sure how much difference there is between the springs mentioned?

I'm not any sort of expert but from what i could make out (mostly from Rennlist where some chap posted an excel spreadsheet), these are the spring rates for the 9972 in N/mm:

Front Rear
PASM 33 60
Eibach 34 90
H&R 40 85

I went with the H&R because both ends were stiffer than stock, not just the rear end. Not very empirical I know, but I wanted to keep the balance front to rear, as well as reduce the roll centre.

All I know about the TechArt is that they are made by Eibach to TechArts requirements.

:?: :?:

There was a GB a while ago with the Techart springs, which was organised through:
https://www.tech9.ms/

All went very smoothly.

CarreraSportWheels_zpsrctwcpcj.jpg

I got the group buy together at the beginning of the year spoke to both tech9 and Parr with no issue. Tech9 were cheaper to start with and then we got a good deal with about 5 orders. I will see if I can find a direct email address and pm it over to you.

Counter Of Beans said:
Phil - rang both of them twice; no answer. But probably just unlucky. I do think in this internet age businesses need to be sharp on customer enquiries - if people don't get an answer they just move on.
RichTW no I was on a BMW forum as Mike In Hampshire, mostly because my name's Mike, and I live in Hampshire! However I'm Counter Of Beans on the full fat Range Rover forum - my other car.

I have a full fat range rover as my ,really must I drive it with all the kids in car :grin: I agree they do need to be sharper in this country as a whole UK customer service lags far behind the rest of the world. If you tried both and got no where I agree move on their loss.

To be honest apart from the slight ride hight differences between Techart, Eibach and H&R They are all good springs ,I think its the cheaper unknown brands that are the ones that continue to drop over time until the car looks slammed . If you want a mild drop that will minimise scape over road humps and car parks then Techart are the ones to have especially if you have an aero kit or some type of lower lip. :thumb: :thumb: If you fail to get anywhere with the UK distributors ping Techart an email directly about poor service from their UK suppliers you will very quickly get a call from one of them :grin: I actually contacted Techart directly for mine and they forwarded my enquiry to Tech9 who did then follow up with a call to me. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back