Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 functional DRL installed

TBE997

Monza
Hi,

I finally managed to install the Dectane DRL module yesterday, which i bought from Frank at orange tuning last month (no affiliation). This now goes me true DRL functionality.

Light switch on "Home" - DRL on

5aEyMcm.jpg

Light/Low Beam on - DRL off

NkBHASS.jpg

In the past I have asked a shop to fit this for me, but after watching a few youtube videos, reading the really helpful 6speed installation guides (google, or pm me, i'll send you the links), i thought i give this a shot.

Overall, it took me a few hours, although i really took my time and wanted to make sure i don't screw it up.

Tools needed:
- Dectane TFLM03 DRL module
- T-splice connectors (or any other connectors)
- additional electrical wire (as the modules wires weren't long enough)

Some installation pics

Removing all the plastic trim

7SuXdEU.jpg

Running wires along side the rubber and then through an opening to the front FOG lights

iG2P7EL.jpg

Connecting the wires to the LED's cable. I also had to connect a positive wires to the park lamp, which is the only time i have spliced into an original/oem wires (but again, just splicing, not cutting. I recon when i want to undo this mod, i can simply take off the splice and put some electric tape around it and it's back to factory)

50CVOBf.jpg

then connected the extensions provisionally to the DRL wires and hooked up the module to the battery, to test if it works

VaRQTo3.jpg

W58sqb7.jpg

All good, then shortened the extension cables, mounted the module to an empty space on the left next to the battery and put the plastic trim back up. i will have to monitor this over time as i used the supplied double side tape, as well as not sure how wet/moist this part of the car gets, which could affect the module.

any questions, let me know. i consider myself a noob when it comes to electrical stuff, but this was a fairly straight forward install, as long as you do your research etc. happy modding!

Well done that man!
I have the same spaghetti junction in July frunk as have DRL fitted on my turbo. It looks Better once the carpet is in place Hey!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that on factory fitted DRL's the DRL's dip to around 30% brightness when the main beam is on.

The TFLMO2 50% dip module from dectane is only £38 quid :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back