Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Let's polish 🙈

After thinking about it for months finally underway :grin: annoyingly I already have a kestrel (somewhere!)

Started on the BM which has very unloved rep mobile paint, good thing is it's obviously never been machine polished and has a good thickness of paint and results will be amazing. Also good practice for the 911 to come. Started with meguires #105 super cut. As you can see severe swirls/scratches.

10 mins on small section and easily to this. Will try a few more sweeps to get perfect, then a finer polish.

More pics to come great fun :floor: planning to finish with G technique serum :thumb:

Very impressive work 😊

Well played Spongebob - I have the DAS6 too; coupled with Hexlogic green pad and Scholl S20 compound, it works very well. I love the moment when you stand back, admire your handiwork, and think "yep, saved hundreds over what a professional would have charged."

Nice job mate. What a difference.

Only problem the meguires doesn't go far, plus drying and turning to dust very quickly. Ordered a litre of this stuff to try :?:

Decided on this for the finish :?: anyone used?

It'll be interesting to see how you get on with Meguiars vs Menzerna.

No no no you are doing it all wrong

This is the correct method

Attachments

• 6bde0b3c596000a57083427405ee613b_295.jpg
    6bde0b3c596000a57083427405ee613b_295.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 6,584
spongebob squarepants said:
Only problem the meguires doesn't go far, plus drying and turning to dust very quickly. Ordered a litre of this stuff to try :?:

Probably find the compounds are drying to quick if your doing it in the heat we are experiencing at the moment and hence the dust ?? I use a spritz of a pad conditioner after each pass to stop the pad/compound drying.....= no dust. :thumb:

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/chemical-guys-pad-conditioner

steve baker said:
spongebob squarepants said:

Probably find the compounds are drying to quick if your doing it in the heat we are experiencing at the moment and hence the dust ?? I use a spritz of a pad conditioner after each pass to stop the pad/compound drying.....= no dust. :thumb:

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/chemical-guys-pad-conditioner

True with the heat but the Menzerna not drying out? And cuts much better :thumb: really good results and the BM finished.
The Gyeon is amazing, I do wonder about the dark art of ceramic coatings! This stuff is cheap, easy to apply, goes a long way and produces amazing shine and beading. 911 next!!

Results look great! More photos as you go on, maybe it'll motivate me to give another go at mine :thumb:

One of my mates had gyeon applied to his brand new veedub van, he was really pleased.

.... until he saw me wash my car (that had gtechniq 2 years ago). I used the sheeting method to dry it, and he was pretty gutted.

Still saved yourself a fortune and the results look great.

Do you need to let gyeon cure for hours?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back