Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Mounts 997 Targa 4

Whitehorse

Nurburgring
Hello,

My Targa has a saggy rear end, OE or try some stiffer mounts. PASM equipped car, not tracked but I have noticed that it has started to feel less secure at the rear when exiting a quick corner...

Hi Whitehorse,

I had a similar problem and after looking around when for RSS mounts. They were easy to fit and made a big difference to handling and the gear change. I was a bit concerned about the extra noise but after a few 100 miles the buzzing at 1900-2000 and 2900-3000 RPM disappeared and I notice only the slight extra noise from 3000 RPM onwards which sounds great, like having a minor induction/exhaust fitted.
Definitely recommend but can understand people going for standard mounts too

I share Ian's experience. I really like the connected feel with the RSS but some may prefer the standard zero NVH, and new OE engine mounts are inexpensive.

+1 for RSS mounts, I like the extra bit of (minimal) NVH plus much less wallowing from the rear :thumb:

The semi solids give a noticably better ride flat on bends but you do have to accept a little NVH for many this is fine for the improved ride, but new OE will feel much better also than your saggy ones so if a little NVH is not wanted then thats your best option

Semi Solids best options
RSS
rennline adjustable
OE 993 RS

other to consider are
function first, semi semi solid urathane filled OE mounts

or just replace your OE mounts.

all will be better than you have now :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
The semi solids give a noticably better ride flat on bends but you do have to accept a little NVH for many this is fine for the improved ride, but new OE will feel much better also than your saggy ones so if a little NVH is not wanted then thats your best option

Semi Solids best options
RSS
rennline adjustable
OE 993 RS

other to consider are
function first, semi semi solid urathane filled OE mounts

or just replace your OE mounts.

all will be better than you have now :thumb: :thumb:

How do you repair the old ones? :?:

How do you find Urethane filled OE ones???

Tempted to go for Semi Solid rather than OE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back