Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PPI Thoughts?

BChivs

I will be viewing a car Saturday (996t)....it has been serviced by Paragon for the last couple of years, and is due a service which the dealer has suggested the car will go back to Paragon before delivery.....would it be wiser to have a further separate PPI carried out or to request Paragon perform a more thorough inspection whilst being serviced by them?

What's your thoughts?

Imho a PPI is different from a service .. its more intense .. we look for what is wrong and report it so things like air vents with broken slats , cigar lighter not staying in etc .

Air vent i would actually say on a service so not a good example ... but im trying :)

When serviceing a car i make a judgement on what will last till the next service or beyond .. on a PPI i will report these items reguardless and then advise on expected lifetime ... its not my judgement on what to report anymore .. scareing the customer on a ppi is what is required .

A service is to tell the customer what I think needs doing either now or at next service .. im not going to make a huge list of things that dont need attention but have some degree of wear ..

A ppi i will report everything that i consider worn .. i will then explain that ( often very long ) list to the customer and what actually needs doing ..

Basically im reporting everything i see thats not upto brand new spec .

A ppi from me will often be a long one but the actual work needed will be a lot less .. inform everything miss nothing and explain well !

Hopefully this makes sense !

Demort PM sent.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back