Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Evo give 991.2 C4 GTS PDK Coupe 5 stars!

weejimmy

Its been winding me up that Evo and Autocar (other motoring publications are available but I don't read them) have been so sniffy about the only good GTS being a C2 GTS Coupe with manual. See their knowledge section that makes some comment about the only -ve being that "not all GTS are 2WD Manual Coupes".

So this months mag was interesting as it picthed a C4 GTS Coupe with, shock horror PDK against an Audi R8 V10 Plus, Mclaren 540C and New Aston Vantage ... and the GTS got 5 stars and won the test!

So I guess Dan Prosser and Andrew Frankel were't quite right. There are other GTS variants that are worth driving too!

It never surprises me when motoring journalists take a complete 180 when reviewing a car for the 2nd time. Their views are based on, or influenced by, personal feelings often felt at the time of driving.

Whilst one's opinion cannot be wrong, and makes good reading as a car fan, I wouldn't lose a moments sleep concerned that the car I own is not the "right" variant.

A C2 and a C4 GTS are both hugely impressive cars. Drive it, enjoy it, and don't concern yourself with what anyone else thinks, even if their thoughts are printed!

:thumb:

Wasn't losing any sleep over it!

Just nice to see a positive review of a C4 GTS instead of the usual claptrap to feed the 'purist' BS.

:thumb:

C'mon, us real purists know a RWD is always better than 4WD!!

:D

#joking

weejimmy said:
Its been winding me up that Evo and Autocar (other motoring publications are available but I don't read them) have been so sniffy about the only good GTS being a C2 GTS Coupe with manual. See their knowledge section that makes some comment about the only -ve being that "not all GTS are 2WD Manual Coupes".

My guess is that comment is a left over from the 997. Remember reading that comment about the 997 GTS before I bought mine a couple of years ago.

When the 997 GTS came out there was a school of thought it should only have been made available as a Coupe in 2wd form. It's obviously become a trim level since then rather than a "special 911 that isn't quite a GT"....GTS now enitely mainstream and I'd argue the 911 T is the 991 equivalent of the 997 GTS. Released very late in the production run, delete rear seats etc

Amazed none of the journalists haven't done a comparison test.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back