Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Too much sun and can''t clean the car

Zingari said:
If you do it at 4am you shouldn't have a problem, except with neighbours when you set the jet washer off :thumb:

I usually have the courtesy to wait until 0600...... I find that makes me quite popular with my neighbours, they are always waving at me as they go past ......

:grin:

Did it. Used some G3 paste wax that I forgot I had.

Goes on like Vaseline and doesn't dry chalky in the heat.

Please with that.

:useless:

Try again

Attachments

• e40438fd_eb86_44f9_b8a9_b56ffb3f1e0d_175.jpeg
    e40438fd_eb86_44f9_b8a9_b56ffb3f1e0d_175.jpeg
    732.2 KB · Views: 3,082
And again

Attachments

• b5e34d8a_0f29_4b24_bcc5_bf570e4bca92_161.jpeg
    b5e34d8a_0f29_4b24_bcc5_bf570e4bca92_161.jpeg
    924.7 KB · Views: 1,527
Final one

Attachments

• 3096de3f_0b67_4e91_87a1_d1514e7ccfbd_105.jpeg
    3096de3f_0b67_4e91_87a1_d1514e7ccfbd_105.jpeg
    887.7 KB · Views: 1,520
I have a large butt. Water butt, of course! Cheesy jokes aside, I find rainwater leaves no streaks, plus it's free.......the only problem is it runs out when we have a dry spell, like now.
Here in leafy Hampshire the water is harder than Chuck Norris!

PS nice finish there Wilpert - black looks wonderful when it's perfectly clean, it's tricky keeping it that way though.

Had to go out at 7am for a 12 mile training run this morning, part of training for impending ultra marathon.
Passed the shiny car on my way out and told myself 'I'll be having a blast in that later around the lanes"

So when I get home Mrs Wilpert announces her visit to sisters and claims driving rights on the car😳

My head said give her the keys for happy wife happy life but I managed to win with an emotional scheme, 'oh I was going to take our son out this afternoon, I promised"

It worked 😀

I'm expecting extra household duties will follow.

RaceGlaze 7ltr water softener. About £100. Final rinse with this product gives 0ppm soft water and drying in sun leaves no limescale ring marks or streaks.

In bright sunshine especially useful.

Re-fillable 7ltr resin available.

Why not just wash the car after sun set at around 6:30pm, simple solution.

Counter Of Beans said:
I have a large butt. Water butt, of course! Cheesy jokes aside, I find rainwater leaves no streaks, plus it's free.......the only problem is it runs out when we have a dry spell, like now.
Here in leafy Hampshire the water is harder than Chuck Norris!

PS nice finish there Wilpert - black looks wonderful when it's perfectly clean, it's tricky keeping it that way though.

Me too for this method! ..... large water butt to collect rain water off the downpipe.... very cheap, and lovely soft rainwater just for a final rinse and no streaks. Perfect! :D

Bikeracer1098 said:
Why not just wash the car after sun set at around 6:30pm, simple solution.

Up here the sun does not set until around 9:30pm making it a very long day with sunrise at 4:30. Even washing after sunset can still leave limescale marks and streaks in hard water areas. The final rinse with RaceGlaze allows the car to dry naturally without leaving any limescale marks and streaks.

The alternative is towel dry - but it can introduce swirls and scratches.

I braved the evening sun on Monday, kept the paint wet the entire time followed by a quick and thorough towel dry and still have water marks!
It was either this or risk dead bugs etching into the paint :sad:

Raceglaze water filter ordered for the future :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back