Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cracked Rear Light Lenses 😢

I had this just after I bought the car ... bit the bullet and replaced ... hard to swallow though at £500.00

No worries, he did a pair for me for £700 outside of eBay which I was hesitant to go ahead with but after reading his feedback and finding out he was a fellow 911 owner put me at ease. Had them a month and no issues 👍🏻 Also bought a GT2RS gear lever from him which just makes it!

Gen 2 rear lights water ingress

I've got the same problem. OPC didn't want to know , similarly Porsche UK.

Mine's cracking across the top and bottom of the clear plastic centre panel and letting water in. From other people's experience, this is clearly a manufacturing/design fault.

It really irritates me to think that Porsche will wash their hands of this problem - talk about a quality product!!! If several people are prepared to make statements to prove that they have the same problem, a pattern can be shown and I think we should take Porsche UK to the small claims court.

Anyone willing to cooperate?

rich996 said:
I had this same problem last month, having scoured the internet I found a guy selling NEW ones with the latest part number on eBay, he is still selling them.
Ebay item numbers are 183162804326 and 183185415751.

I bought a pair and he did a bit of discount, they came really well packaged and indeed were brand new as per advert.

I have brought from this seller also, no problems was a decent guy.

Just had rear lights tinted. A bit Chav for an old retired git like me but way cheaper than new lights (pension etc.). What really disturbs me is that they look good too. Eek. Probably start enjoying popular beat combos next. Best get that dementia check up. When was that booked I forget now. Young people these days etc.

:eek:

Duffernot1 said:
Just had rear lights tinted. A bit Chav for an old retired git like me but way cheaper than new lights (pension etc.). What really disturbs me is that they look good too. Eek. Probably start enjoying popular beat combos next. Best get that dementia check up. When was that booked I forget now. Young people these days etc.

:eek:

Sounds good as long as you dont start wearing your trousers at half mast showing off dirty grey underwear you will be ok , but it is ok to play the stones at high volume as you cruise around checking out the 20 something totty, but avoid the temptation to fit blue or red LED lights under your car :floor: :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back