Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports seats, change foam and paint backs, how to...

This is a great write up on a project well done!
Awesome step by step guide and photographs!

Did you spray the seats backs yourself or did you get a paint shop to do them for you?

Thanks for the nice comments guys.
I didn't do the painting myself. There is a body shop next to my work who do it all for me, great prices and great work. Painting centre consoles is about my limit.

MC

Cracking work Martin. Looking forward to learning how you resolve the wiring as well. :thumbs:

Marky911 said:
Cracking thread. :worship:

Your "how to" guides are superb Martin. Thanks for taking the not inconsiderable time to link photos and write it all up.

"They don't make one or I can't find one, so I'll do it myself."
Good old fashioned British ingenuity.

A huge asset to the forum and it certainly beats talking about values. :thumb:

+1

I have converted this to a video on YouTube with a few extra photos if anybody is interested.

MC

Good work on those seat backs and good to see them fully stripped for painting rather than just being masked. :thumb:

I do have a library of pics doing the same job from few years ago and thought I had posted a write up but I can't seem to find it on here, maybe I didn't?

Can't believe I missed this thread. I'm well over due coding my seats. Nice work Martin.

Will have a good gander at the video later. :thumbs:

Fantastic write up and great work and a true inspiration :thumbs:

Yep, another thanks from here. Will be using this how to at some point. Thinking about retriming sports seats with cloth centres.

Houndstooth or tarten....... Hmmmm

Great write up, looks like a proper ball ache of a job. The results are great. :worship:

I have been on the lookout for the relay looms which go on the bottoms of the seats. These come up for sale very rarely, and are typically up for >£100 each. Today I picked up a pair of heated seats to take the relays and looms from them. The problem is, the seats are REALLY good. So I think I might get the backs of these painted and keep them.

MC

Those seats would look good in my C2. Let me know if you are thinking of selling them. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back