Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alloy + Carbon Wiper delete Plug - Which one!?!

Mines not leaked, it goes out in the rain and has been washed God knows how many times this week as I'm detailing it.

When I fitted mine I just ran a bead of clear silicone under it before I tightened it up. 100% watertight.

Ironically the bung is off the car now due to my recent respray.

I contemplated having the hole filled and painted like Sackerley and MC are, especially as every panel was being painted anyway, but I only do easily reversible mods so I decided not to.

There's no denying it looks much better filled and painted though.

Fast Bug said:
Mines not leaked, it goes out in the rain and has been washed God knows how many times this week as I'm detailing it.

Will you be at OPC Pompey this Saturday?

Fast Bug said:
I went for a doomed one

FIREdevil.gif

:eek:

C4-STORM said:
Fast Bug said:

I'm probably going to scoot down mid morning for a nose. Are you going down?

HSC911 said:
Fast Bug said:
I went for a doomed one

FIREdevil.gif

Well spotted :grin:

Fast Bug said:
C4-STORM said:
Fast Bug said:

I'm probably going to scoot down mid morning for a nose. Are you going down?

HSC911 said:
Fast Bug said:
I went for a doomed one

FIREdevil.gif

Well spotted :grin:

Most likely bud as they are hosting a free BBQ :lol:
Gutted to miss out on the Show & Shine though, emailed them last night and won't add me now - hence we can't park at the centre just to let you know :nooo:

I'll be in the company smoker and I don't think they'll want to judge it any way. There's no chance I'll be finished sorting my car out by Saturday morning, really wish I hadn't started that job now :eek:

Wiper delete to minor re-trim...

Just to follow-up with this post.

Flat delete plug arrived from A+C Greece, colour coded - decent bit of kit with the gaskets and alu thread etc. for £30 odd quid.

Whilst the rear panel trim was out I decided to contact Jack who re-trimmed my steering wheel and request a bit of extra alcantara.

For £not-a-lot! I have re-trimmed the rear panel and got a bit carried away so did the centre arm rest and the small cover behind.

All to match in with the alc headlining (no-sunroof) and alc/leather steering done by Jack at Royal.

Liking the rear parcel shelf panel a lot as this was vinyl before but I am not sure that the armrest is better in alc than leather :?:

Either way pleased with the result!

Pics attached for a bit of feedback.. :wink:

Attachments

• img_9036_184.jpg
    img_9036_184.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,145
  • img_9035_103.jpg
    img_9035_103.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,145
  • img_9026_388.jpg
    img_9026_388.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,145
  • img_9013_476.jpg
    img_9013_476.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,145
  • img_9011_191.jpg
    img_9011_191.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,145
  • img_8993_113.jpg
    img_8993_113.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,145
  • img_8994_137.jpg
    img_8994_137.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,145
Cheers guys :thumbs:

I have to say that alcantara is fairly easy to work with for simple tasks - flat pieces of trim, squar(ish) edges but hats off to the pro's like Jack who do seats and steering wheels.

That rear trim piece in the back looks awesome re-covered as it kind of follows the headlining down to the cargo shelf and pretty easy to do when the plastic has already been removed.

I have also sorted my paddle shifters which just didn't feel right to me.

Took it all apart and re-installed.

Ha ha - cheers Jin :thumb:

Hope you're good bud

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back