Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It's Back - 3.7 Content *Now With Prelim Results*

Marky911 said:
Nice update Poppop,
You've done 10k miles already. Wow.

Is the super B replacing an Odyssey 680 or voltfreaks battery? I have a bracket for a 680 but am holding off fitting one until the car sees more regular use as I'm not sure of how it'll hold with infrequent use. I'll have it on a conditioner though.

How do you measure 25ml of usage? Just a case of what comes out vs went in? Or some fancy race car measuring equipment?

Anyway good pics. I'm loving that LMP looking thing. :thumb:

Well I've been to Magny Course, Imola and Catalunya since it was built so that alone is nearly 6000 miles!

The Super B has replaced a 680 - generally speaking the Odyssey batteries are fine with infrequent use and have less discharge than a conventional lead acid battery. They were designed as Helicopter/Jet Engine start batteries originally (Powervamp own the Odyssey brand) and not a lot of private aircraft are in daily use. Mine has sat for a week + without a charger at airports and always started fine on my return.

Yep measure in, measure out - at the same temps. I have a pump setup to pull the oil out the dipstick tube so it's fairly repeatable. Realistically you could say it has used naff all :)

Thanks Pop, that's good to know about the batteries. I'll definitely get one soon.

And yes "naff all" is a fair assumption. :D
What a great motor you have in there now. I'd love to do the same one day.
Enjoy! :thumb:

bazhart said:
All testing is going well and we hope to be taking orders later in the year.

So you're telling me that when I come around to rebuilding my 145k 3.6 i can end up with 3.9?

you've just made me keep my car, i think

(sorry about thread hijack, looking forward to more details!)

poppopbangbang said:
Marky911 said:
Looking good poppop. Good to see it's back.

What benefit does the Motorsport AOS have please? And how does it compare price wise? I know most Porsche Motorsport parts are usually cheaper.

I'm interested in the IMS bearing goes as the roller type is top of my list should I need to change mine.

The Motorsport AOS is a twin chamber design with more capacity than the standard item which amongst other things means it avoids the smoke on circuit with sticky tyres that sometimes happens with the standard AOS. Apparently they are a bit more reliable too but I think that is mostly anecdotal as I doubt the KMs have been done on the Motorsport version to validate that against the standard part!

Image from Rennpart:
MotorsportAOS2-1500x1500.jpg
Thread resurrection, PPBB are you able to provide details, info, images etc of how you fitted the Motorsport AOS to your engine?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back