Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200K miles 996.2 GT3

50k inc the fees is what they think so about a 45k ish hammer price

Only time will tell....

Auctions are a total minefield of possiabilities !!!!

no sale from me as it wont make reserve or +2k from reserve

I do like a Cobalt GT3.

If I hadn't bought so many 205 GTi's I might have had a cheeky bid on this :hand:

Teffers said:
I do like a Cobalt GT3.

If I hadn't bought so many 205 GTi's I might have had a cheeky bid on this :hand:

Depending upon what it goes for, if you were to liquidate your full fleet... :?:

Or is the plan to corner the market for French clutter and sit on them until they are old enough to qualify for MOT and tax exemption then sell them on as classics? :paperbag:

Superb looking car and I really love the fact that, despite mileage, there is so much interest in it. It's a testament to the quality of the cars.

Very interested to hear where it ends up.

Diggermeister said:
Superb looking car and I really love the fact that, despite mileage, there is so much interest in it. It's a testament to the quality of the cars.

Although it has to be said that for 85% of it's life, its previous owner only used to drive it on roads, no track work whatsoever. My GT3 is a better testament to the durability of the 996 platform*, having just clicked over onto 161K miles on the way back from completing its 224th trackday today. I reckon it's done 60K miles on track as a conservative estimate.

* However, it may not be exactly as delivered from the factory :D

Disco said:
Teffers said:
I do like a Cobalt GT3.

Depending upon what it goes for, if you were to liquidate your full fleet... :?:

Or is the plan to corner the market for French clutter and sit on them until they are old enough to qualify for MOT and tax exemption then sell them on as classics? :paperbag:

:D

They'll be restored to promote/kickstart a new business - gotta have them to do them though hence the buying spree.

Best case, I'll make a few quid. Worst case? I'll own some mint 205's.
I'm OK with that :bandit: :thumb:

Anyway - back on topic, do you think Mrs L would let me have this AND the C4S?

There's a lot of good expert knowledge displayed above. Though none compare to the current owner of the car in question or his expertise in maintaining it.

Whatever the final price, it'll be an outstanding buy for someone :thumbs:

so elephant in the room for those of us not in the know, who is the current owner or at least what's his back ground? understanding that would help with making a bid or not?

:?:

Trantorman said:
so elephant in the room for those of us not in the know, who is the current owner or at least what's his back ground? understanding that would help with making a bid or not?

:?:

I am guessing it is Sid @ Porsche Torque :dont know:

crash7 said:
£50k plus fees!! - wow!

Bonkers price, the very reason this car is going to auction is to bate people into paying to much money for it. - Someone will get carried away thinking its a bargain way into GT3 ownership.

If the above cost comes to fruition this would have been a substantially better buy..,

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif.../911-gt3-996/porsche-911-996-gt3-mk-2/8729420

No affiliation

This is mine by the way.....received a decent trade offer today but if any private buyers want to view or make an offer then now is the time!

Can we make an offer after the 7th July :dont know:

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back