Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What Next: 991 or 997 Turbo.

mark pearce said:
If you go for a 997 Turbo cab, Dynamic engine mounts are a must , the convertible chassis struggles with the torque of a turbo

I don't think early 991 values will drop because of the 992 because the gap to change will be so much there won't be a sudden glut of cars on to the market,
if they do then 997 will drop as well, or the difference between 997 and 991 will minimal

Wise words of wisdom here Les ........

We all know the 997 looks far more beautiful than the 991 ...so its a 997 Turbo ......
MP will find you one ..!

Les said:
Alfaian said:
https://www.randwmotorcompany.co.uk/porsche-911-997-turbo-cabriolet-tiptronic-s-awd-2dr-in-berkshire-6325165

The colour is a bit marmite but it's about being different after all.

Turbo for me les. Good luck, it's a nice choice to have :thumb:

I've bought 2 911's from them in the past and this one is one of the cars on my radar.
The only issue is when it comes to resale, as the colour might put some off.

Hi les, I've never bought a car with next owner in mind.

Go and view and drive it. I'm sure that will make your mind up :grin:

Ps, a turbo would be more apt for your private plate :mrgreen:

If it has to be a cab then you probably will struggle but there are some well priced 997 Turbo coupes out there for under £56k.

The price difference on the 991 to 992 will not effect a lot of buyers as they buy them on PCP, it's more the residual that will make the difference.

991 ordinary and 997 turbo (in any form) special simples :thumb: however I just got back from shopping at Man @ C & A :grin:

997 for me but I am biased! I have also driven my mates 991 4S pdk and while it's a great car I know which one I prefer!!

Go for the last of the Megzer with the pcm3 and the tip is a great box for the turbo! I've a Kline on mine sounds awesome.
Great problem to have, good luck!

997 so popular look how many replies you had on here verses the 991 board👍

If your heart is set on a cab, definitely go for the 991.

The 997 cabs have far too much scuttle shake, the 991 cab is far superior being far more rigid.

Also why really bother with a 997 turbo cab? Far too much torque for the flexible chassis. Better off with a C2S or a C4S.

The only Performance convertibles worthy of consideration are the McLaren as they have a carbon fibre shell which makes them as rigid as the coupe, with no additional weight. All other cabs are a compromise, which is fine but not for anything with in excess of 450bhp.

Les,
Have you considered passing the cab' onto the Mrs and getting a Tubo Coupe? Will open up your choice and Mrs Les is sure to be over the moon with her upgrade :)

silvermilnec said:
997 so popular look how many replies you had on here verses the 991 board👍

That was a given :grin:

This is what should persuade you...do you want to be part of the Warranty/never posting crew or the 2nd most active board on the forum... :dont know: ...ever thought about a 996 Turbo :floor:

:thumb:

If you are using it as a Daily and as a GT car across Europe, the 991 ticks every box IMHO. I'd 100% go for a 991 Cab, over a 997 Gen 1 Turbo Cab.

That 991 roof line is aesthetically as perfect as it could be, not to mention the interior cabin. Sure the Turbo is quicker, but a 991 with PDK+ Sport Mode is hardly sluggish! And that sound from a Naturally Aspirated engine with a PSE is simply music to the ears!

It's all subjective at the end of the day, drive both in anger then decide.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back