Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Useage up - what it was!

resigner

Barcelona
So recently I've noticed that my car was using more oil than normal. Both tail pipes looked a bit more sooty that usual (not one, thank god!).

So yesterday it went in to my local Indy for an oil change (I do it every 12 months and it was due anyway) and a general check over.

So, not heard of this one before, but the cause seems to of been the oil separator starting to fail. So new one installed, new oil, everything should be good again.

Do like getting the car checked every year, it also needed two new track rod ends on the front, now feels much tighter and also one of the front tyres had a bulge so getting new MP4S' on Tuesday from my local F1 who is matching the online price of £164 fitted :)

Wanted to put this in in case anyone else is looking for reasons for oil consumption going up as I hadn't heard of it before!

think the part was £90 and then 4 hours labour, he said 3 to 4 hours depending on a couple of things. As it was having an oil change it was the right time to do it. He said they can go wrong anywhere from 70k miles and upwards, I am just short of 75k......

Watch them like hawks at F1, they killed my lacquer. I'd take photos or walk someone round the car and agree the condition of the wheels/pics.

The return of Marty Wild said:
Watch them like hawks at F1, they killed my lacquer. I'd take photos or walk someone round the car and agree the condition of the wheels/pics.

My F1, Hertford, is exceptional. Used them for years for my cars. It isn't fair to tarnish all of one chain because of one bad one. I had a terrible Kwik Fit job once!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back