Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Valuation: 18" Turbo Look #1 996 / 993 non-OEM

Judder

Silverstone
Hi everyone

After a quick bit of pricing advice if possible

These wheels came on my #1 996 but I've since put on different ones as I wanted a different look, so looking to move them on to a new owner

As far as I can tell they are Turbo Look #1 non-OEM alloys as they look very like the Turbo Look #1s here and the ones sold by Design911 here

Come with pretty decent Pirelli Rossos and although not perfect, appear to be in great condition

Any thoughts on pricing range much appreciated!

Regards

Attachments

• turbolook2small_213.jpg
    turbolook2small_213.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2,979
  • turbolook1small_167.jpg
    turbolook1small_167.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2,979
Re: Valuation: 18" Turbo Look #1 996 non-OEM

Judder said:
As far as I can tell they are Turbo Look #1 non-OEM alloys as they look very like the Turbo Look #1s

Flip them over and send a pic...might be genuine :dont know:

:thumb:

The design of wheel is commonly known as turbo twist, it was available as factory options on the 993 and 996.

It came in two forms, solid spoke and hollowspokes. The hollows being lighter and more expensive version only difference is visible from the rear, the spokes are smooth across the back.

Non oem copies are virtually indistinguishable but usually come in 8.5j, the originals come in 7.5j, or 8j on the fronts, usually 10j on the rears, sets off a boxster came in 9j rears.
Other difference is what the rear Of The spokes look like. Post a picture Of The rear or pm me a picture I can tell you 100%

Thanks for the help everyone

Here's a few shots of the insides

Attachments

• insidewheelsmall1_156.jpg
    insidewheelsmall1_156.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 2,842
  • insidewheelsmall2_198.jpg
    insidewheelsmall2_198.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 2,842
  • insidewheelsmall3_625.jpg
    insidewheelsmall3_625.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 2,842
The "NOT ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT" stamped on the inside leads me to believe that these are NOT genuine :judge:

:grin:

Yes, so those are copies, they are good ones, but copies none the less. They do look in good Nick so 300-400 would be about right dependant on tyres if you wanted to shift them. You would probably find buyers on eBay pretty easily, wheels sell here but copies might be slow

asterix_the_gaul said:
You would probably find buyers on eBay pretty easily, wheels sell here but copies might be slow

Unless someone is looking for a spare set for winter tyres?

Thanks guys for the advice and the pricing range

If anyone is interested drop me a PM or I'll pop them on eBay if their's no takers on the forum

Would of course rather go to someone here if they could :thumb:

What are the widths and offsets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back