Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 early C2 - Ownership/project thread (cobalt blue)

The gold looks good on the wheels, you need gold Porsche side stripes now

Looking good!

Loving the polished rims and the dish on the rear wheel. I'm still torn as to whether the Fuchs looked better but hey, it isn't my car and the fun is in trying new gear. :thumb:

Im so happy with the way this looks now, the tail and wheels have totally changed it IMO. Nothing wrong with the old ones but these just look spot on.

Regarding the side stripes I have matt black ones to fit but Im not sure it will work with current styling. Im going to try something though just for the sake of it and its pretty cheap/easy to remove.

Mechanically the car seems spot on for now but I dare say suspension will be next as I would like it just a tad lower than it is and I do think it could be improved. Different silencers are is still on the cards as well I think.

....you could go with grey rather than gold on the wheel centres..... (joy of a split rim)

this in no way has any bearing on the fact that you've made my LM BBS style wheel decision even harder, based on the fact that they sit well on your car...... or that if I were to fit LM BBS style wheels they would have grey centres dues to the car being black....... :D

Looks good though. Big difference.

Thats exactly what I was thinking regarding the grey. Never been a huge fan of gold to be honest.
Might try plastidipping them first to see what its like then get the wheels split over the winter and do it properly. :thumb:

It looks absolutely spot on, G.
I didn't think the Fuchs could be improved upon, but I think you've done it. 8)

Nice photo from the weekend.
Having a little bit of a issue with the wheels. Turns out rear rims are very slightly different shapes and one is 5mm wider. Very subtle but annoying so trying to get it sorted through previous owner and wheel company.

Attachments

• fb_img_1530050898501_809.jpg
    fb_img_1530050898501_809.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,941
Nice shot. Looks great. 8)

Annoying about the wheels, but there's always something. Good luck finding a resolution. It's all part of the journey. :thumb:

New matching outer rim is available so will be getting that. Sounds like the centres just come off without having to remove tyres so I'll look into that.

Just have to decide on colour. Part of me want to do something daft but I'll probably go with a light grey to match wing mirrors.

coullstar said:
New matching outer rim is available so will be getting that. Sounds like the centres just come off without having to remove tyres so I'll look into that.

Should come out with tyres still on :thumbs:

They BBS LM's :dont know: If yes then 100% do

:thumb:

that looks totally A1 with those wheels and that ducktail.

well done. looks fab

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back