Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Blimey I thought my X97 knob was expensive new 993 even more

:eek:

I might buy a few of the 997 kits and stick them in the loft to pay for my retirement if the value will go up that much. I might watch that one to see how long it takes to sell i bet its on there a long time

FZP said:
https://youtu.be/jL2DH-nKBeA
Ditto and they are horrible to touch in winter without gloves.
There's a lot of it about.

Leave the carbon to the modern supercars... I honestly prefer the standard leather items over this bling overpriced tat. :roll:

C.

cableguy said:
Leave the carbon to the modern supercars... I honestly prefer the standard leather items over this bling overpriced tat. :roll:

C.

I agree, carbon fibre always looks out of place in a 993 to me.

Good to hear from you aircooled guys that its a chancer and these items are not really that much or that carbon in an aircooled is not a must have option . :thumb:

I've seen carbon interior trim in some 993s - funnily enough, I think at least one of Gert's personal cars has it. It was interesting seeing carbon fibre on a 993 but I have to agree that the leather is more fitting to the car.

In my opinion, it is rare to see carbon, especially in a pre carbon era vehicle that looks good or even at home on the car or bike.
Prior to purchasing my 996 I looked at a great many up and down the country but without exception the very least attractive, to my eye at least, was a C2 in Ayrshire that had been bought from BCA Blackbush a couple of years earlier and 'extensively upgraded' since.
Everything that could possibly be covered/coated or wrapped in the interior was liberally bejewelled with finest carbon fibre or failing that some kind of look-a-like.
I got the feeling that the seller recognised they had gone somewhat over the top as the interior images on the advert were pre carbon mania and showed the original factory finishes.
It was a total deal breaker, for me, as it was going to be a project in itself just to de-carbon, assuming the under surfaces were going to be in any reasonable condition.
Later I researched the sellers claims of the values of the genuine carbon steering wheel/gear lever and gear knob items :eek: :eek: :eek: Holy smoke, what a shocker! Didn't make me change my mind though, not my cup of tea at all.

gunner said:
cableguy said:

C.

I agree, carbon fibre always looks out of place in a 993 to me.

Yes agreed. Ok in a turbo S though as standard spec

993 Turbo S Carbon works with Black Leather IMO but looks a little too bling on lighter colours. I still prefer the standard interior.

C.

Full leather and carbon is a good option. The gearstick and handbrake feel very good in the hand ;-)

As always you pay a massive premium for small margins.

Nb that handbrake is for a LHD car. I believe i purchased the last new old stock RHD one a few years ago. Obviously RHD are a lot rarer especially in black leather.

Smaller raid steering wheel and carbon gearstick make a big difference to the tactile feel of driving the car.....

These now come up for sale very very rarely but personally i could not buy a LHD one for a RHD car so even if you wanted one at any price they are almost impossible to get.

6zuDAxe.jpg

Lol4Kpf.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back