Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Drivers side mirror replacement?

steve r

Hi,

My drivers side wing mirror took a knock today and needs replacing, can anyone advise on how to do this?

Mine is a Gen 2 car with electric movement, heated & with memory settings. The ones I've seen for sale so far seem to have less wires in them. The coloured shell seems ok so would it be possible to swap all my parts over to a replacement bare metal frame section?

Drk3GDD.jpg

NGKWRfp.jpg

Ffdruv0.jpg

It's easy!

3 screws from the inside, pop off the plastic cover and they are there. Unplug the electrics and remove :thumbs:

Make sure you buy one which has the wiring but I can't see why you shouldn't be able to use your old 'internals' if still in tact :dont know:

:thumb:

Thanks,

The removal of mirror assembly seems easy, it's more the swapping over of the internsls and coloured cover to a replacement base/frame if I can't get an exact replacement.

There doesnt seem to be much left to swop over , youll need the base frame part at least .

Basically pop out the mirror glass , plastic wedge .. a few screws that hold the motor in place , easy enough to see .. remove the motor and you can see the screws that hold the caseing to the main frame .

Covers are held with screws and a couple of clips from memory .. main frame slides out .

Basically get the glass off , the motor off and its pretty obvious .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back