Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pole position ABE fitting

KP964

Anyone have any advice on how to fit pole position ABE seats in to a 964 , i was just about to buy my side mounts and recaro rails when Dave from southbound told me they wont fit as the ABE seats are slightly wider than the FIA pp seats for which he has the correct parts .
Must stress its the ABE pole position seat im tring to fit , not the FIA seats, the Brey Krause r 9062 mounts fit direct on to the floor i think ?? but then they wont slide ? not sure about that ? .. any ideas anyone :thumb: Keith

I'd also be interested in hearing any experience on this, as i'm looking at fitting my ABE PP's into my 993 which i'm sure will be similar/same fitment as the 964.

C.

Have heard that floor mounts do result in reduced headroom which might be an issue for taller drivers (don't forget helmet reduces headroom too).

The FIA pole position seats are a slightly different width to the ABE PP which is the problem , the FIA seats are a narrower seat and fit well on to Southbound side mounts and recaro runners also the southbound mounts have the seat belt housing point built in and sit lower than the recaro mounts , im still trying fathom this out as there are so many conflicting ideas on how to do it , RPM recommend their own mounts with recaro runners part numbers 869426 & 869416 they are not cheap and im concerned about the height they will sit at, another option is Brey Krause r 9062 mounts which are supposed to work with existing 964 runners but again ive read different things about this option one being they do fit but dont slide , i will get on and post up the end result when im done .

Have you sat in the FIA version? I was fitting some of these to a beemer and got fixated on the ABE vesrion as the one to have as being a larger type size..

However i bumped into a FIA type PP seat and tried it and it was a superb fit for me and i'm not twiggy's little brother.

Senoj said:
Have you sat in the FIA version? I was fitting some of these to a beemer and got fixated on the ABE vesrion as the one to have as being a larger type size..

However i bumped into a FIA type PP seat and tried it and it was a superb fit for me and i'm not twiggy's little brother.

Depends how snug you want them. For a road car i'd say the ABE's are perfect.
I'm 6ft and well built (broad), 36" waist and wouldn't want to be any more snug in a road seat, hence the ABE PP's are perfect for me.

C.

cableguy said:
Some info in the following link re ABE PP's in a 993 using Southbound Mounts.

Scroll down to the long detailed post: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=103611&highlight=recaro+pole+position

C.
thanks .. Well there you go , Dave from southbound told me his side mounts dont fit the ABE seat set up and in this thread (link) they do if fitted with 993 runners , ive already bought some now from RPM so we will see if they fit the recaro runners i am buying .
Also this guy could have used the rear 964 seat belt buckles and looped them through the side belt holes in the seat bolster, this was RPM suggestion ! .

cableguy said:
Senoj said:

Depends how snug you want them. For a road car i'd say the ABE's are perfect.
I'm 6ft and well built (broad), 36" waist and wouldn't want to be any more snug in a road seat, hence the ABE PP's are perfect for me.

C.

The FIA pp seats do fit fine and easy into a 964 i know that .... i have not sat in either seat , i went for the ABE pp version because there are more options for covering and from what i read they are ultra comfortable, the FIA seats are a real track focused seat , are they road legal ?.. think i read they are not but not sure if that was in the states , i went for the Ambla Leather Black / Dinamica Suede Black

OK got everything i need now , i will post all the details when im done.

cableguy said:
Cool. Fingers crossed for an easy fitting. :thumb:

C.
Thanks , im changing the rest of the interior to black as well so it will be a week or so :thumb:

POLE POSITION (ABE) SEATS INSTALLED PORSCHE 964
Seats installed , very comfortable , obviously a difference to the sports seats, ( just i little harder ) after about 50 miles i was settled in, now done over 2000 miles and they really are perfect for me (6ft ) no complaints at all.
FITTING was a bit of a hassle finding the correct runners and side mounts for a easy fit , eventually i asked Craig at RPM for some advice and he was very helpful he even ordered the correct parts for me, thanks to RPM.
Runners used were recaro part no 869426 passenger side and 869416 drivers side but to be honest both packs were exactly the same and not every piece is required !
Side mounts were from RPM .
little tip here , make sure you fit the runners the right way up as you can (with some messing about ! ) fit them the wrong way up :nooo: they do fit straight into the 964.
Seat belt buckles are used from the back of the 964 as they are more flexible therefore can bend to fit through the opening in the bolster of the new seats, you need to cut off the plastic surround or better still just cut the plastic across the middles so they are more flexible and not to loose.
I blacked out the Recaro logo on the seats as it was to much for me , i have enough writing on my windows already, i changed the whole interior to black , fittings for the seats adds £600 to the overall cost !.

Attachments

• dsc_0200__copy_155.jpg
    dsc_0200__copy_155.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 7,329
  • dsc_0219__copy_175.jpg
    dsc_0219__copy_175.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 7,329
  • dsc_0231__copy_622.jpg
    dsc_0231__copy_622.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 7,329
  • dsc_0236__copy_449.jpg
    dsc_0236__copy_449.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 7,329
Looks :bandit: and thanks for posting the part no's. Looking forward to getting mine in soon.

C.

That looks ace Keith. Did you change the other interior parts, or recolour them?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back